HD resolutions

Having hardware or software problems related to Links? Other forum members may be able to help you here.
Adelade

Re: HD resolutions

Post by Adelade »

Im just guessing as well, but I think reinstalling Links has a decent chance of fixing your issue?
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
Andy
Site Admin

Post by Andy »

I think you will find it's something to do with a corrupt .sky file.

Try moving blocks of them out of the C:\Program Files (x86)\Links 2003\skies folder until the problem goes.
I started off with nothing and I still have most of it left!
Jim Martin

Post by Jim Martin »

Andy wrote: April 11th, 2020, 4:51 pm I think you will find it's something to do with a corrupt .sky file.

Try moving blocks of them out of the C:\Program Files (x86)\Links 2003\skies folder until the problem goes.
Did that. It worked. :)
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

Andy wrote: April 11th, 2020, 4:51 pm I think you will find it's something to do with a corrupt .sky file.

Well done! Never heard of that sky file issue before. :clapping: Good to know...
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
dorse72

Post by dorse72 »

Still Linksing wrote: December 28th, 2019, 3:37 am Welcome back!

Check you have set the correct setting in the registry, it should be 14. :thumbup:
...., your still around these parts lurking in the shadows? ;) you should go back to your old name, might carry some baggage though hehe. whats new?
Still Linksing

Post by Still Linksing »

dorse72 wrote: April 27th, 2020, 7:06 pm
Still Linksing wrote: December 28th, 2019, 3:37 am Welcome back!

Check you have set the correct setting in the registry, it should be 14. :thumbup:
...., your still around these parts lurking in the shadows? ;) you should go back to your old name, might carry some baggage though hehe. whats new?
Haha, howdy dorse! Yeah, still here, kept telling those guys years ago I'm not going anywhere. :laugh: (Should say lol instead of using the emoji but I'm trying to ease off the lol usage)
Good to see you are still around. :thumbup:

I have made attempts to change my name back, it's kinda out of my control. I have my old name in my sig as a compromise.
Times here are different now. Rehit passed away as you may or may not know. I will eventually design a course I intend to call Prendergast. Had a thread up on the old LC site about it.

The course should've been underway but when I announced it I was working a 3 day a week job, 2 weeks later lost that job and now I'm working a heck of a lot of hours every week. The course will come at some point.

Hi to cougar if he reads this. Another old timer I have noticed has returned.
For all the old golf games visit:
Golf Sim Clubhouse
David

Problem downloading 2 specific courses

Post by David »

I have successfully and seamlessly downloaded many courses from Links Corner over many years. However, on Yale Golf Course ID#2539 and East Lake Golf Club (Beta) ID#2540, I went through my normal download process and all seemed to work fine but the courses do not appear in my Links 2003 course directory list. Any suggestions? Thank you.
Andy
Site Admin

Re: Problem downloading 2 specific courses

Post by Andy »

David wrote: April 30th, 2020, 4:58 pm I have successfully and seamlessly downloaded many courses from Links Corner over many years. However, on Yale Golf Course ID#2539 and East Lake Golf Club (Beta) ID#2540, I went through my normal download process and all seemed to work fine but the courses do not appear in my Links 2003 course directory list. Any suggestions? Thank you.
Both of those zipfiles contain a folder which has to be opened and then you will find the relevant .crz files which needs to be put into your Links courses directory.
I started off with nothing and I still have most of it left!
David

Problem downloading 2 specific courses

Post by David »

Thank you, Andy. I couldn't see the forest for the trees. All good now.
Hogan

Post by Hogan »

Which is the higher/better resolution for Links 2003? 1280 x 960, 32 bit or 1280 x 1024, 32 bit? I really don't see a difference in these two settings.