Woburn Marquess

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Stephen Sullivan

Woburn Marquess

Post by Stephen Sullivan »

As a follow up to my post in Designers Corner will throw my hat into the ring on this course https://www.egd.com/?portfolio=the-marq ... untry-club
Another course that has hosted the British Masters.

It could take some time, but looks like my sort of course :pcwhack:
Adelade

Re: Woburn Marquess

Post by Adelade »

If I understand it right, its the same club, but different 18 holes, as this release from 2003 https://linkscorner.org/courses/course.php?crz=1333 ? The course page review there seems to mentions that the designer was working on Marquess, but I guess it never saw the light of day? I played that course in Links once a couple years ago, I remember quite liking it except that I took issue with one or more ridiculous mid-slope pins. (If I recall correctly at least one whole green looked as if it sloped way too much all over it to even remotely have any pin I'd be ok with, and so I havent yet gotten around to doublechecking if that was the case, despite the course long being on my list of courses to revisit sometime)
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
Stephen Sullivan

My mate Mick Lenton and I really wanted to use that course for the Powerstroke Tour we used to run. Like you we struggled to find pins, so we never used it. Didn't think about looking at redoing that course as I had completely forgotten about it.

Perhaps its one Lez could look at when he gets chance :whistle:
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Filename says locked Im afraid, I didnt check for any contact info to the designer in any attached documents so far but they'd have to be asked if they had any unlocked version laying around.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
linksrevisited

Post by linksrevisited »

I lived really close to Woburn and used to go to all the tournaments there. I can confirm that the Marquess is a completely different 18 holes and it would be great to see it here.

And the starting point for Ian Poulter as a golf pro.
Stephen Sullivan

Will be working slowly on this over the winter. Can only bring myself to work on it for short bursts at the moment.

This is possibly because I'm feeling a little bit burned out with life in general at the moment. My dad has lot's of health issues, including inoperable lung cancer, and with the current covid situation, I dare not pack in the job I no longer enjoy as there isn't anything else out there.

It will get done. Just not as quickly as I had hoped :sad:
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

Tough times indeed, my friend! At least you'll be able to watch the chaos of our election from a distance! :scared:

Pete