Canyon Hills HD

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Adelade

Re: Canyon Hills HD

Post by Adelade »

Very, very well said Lez :thumbup: I give my applause.

On the subject of real vs fictional courses, I feel like I could write a whole essay with thoughts about it, but I shall try to avoid getting too off-topic. I think I can mostly summarize it by saying: While I dont have a problem with fictional courses, most of them that I've tried so far I've not found to have as appealing layouts as most real courses (there are exceptions). I still like to give them a chance but it makes perfect sense to me that famous real courses are much more likely to have layouts of higher quality. After all they're made by people who design courses for a living, most likely with actual education in the area, and besides the real courses have become famous for a reason (although there certainly exist some famous courses with quite unexciting layouts too). Im not saying there arent any great fictional layouts, or in fact not even that any fictional design is BAD, just that it makes sense to me that the real ones in general are a certain bit more enjoyable (to me).
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
Duglis

Re: Canyon Hills HD

Post by Duglis »

Good points and I agree ^^^^^ :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: