Loading issues with TPC 2011 Congressional

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
g3b

Loading issues with TPC 2011 Congressional

Post by g3b »

Hello Linksters, is anyone having loading issues with Congressional. On my older machine with 3 core amd athlon processor 435, 8gb ram & 4602gb windows 101909. It locks up at about 60% on final screen loading. Any thoughts on why?

Thanks again,
g3b :smile:
woody4077

Re: Loading issues with TPC 2011 Congressional

Post by woody4077 »

can't say for sure but it sound(s) like your CPU "can't stand the heat" in a manner of speaking
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Does it only happen with this course? I had something similar happen once, and oddly enough had it solved by loading another course in between. If that doesnt work I would try to reinstall the course, with a fresh download to be safe.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

That should be plenty of HP and memory. One thing I would try is making a copy with a different file name in the same folder, and see if the copy loads (leaving the original in place so the copy goes to new territory). That would eliminate possible bad sectors on the HD. If the file won't even copy, then you know the problem.
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

I just played the first couple of holes of this course, and two things I noticed: the course loaded fine, but after taking my swing (clicker), the player stands there a lot longer than usual before hitting the ball, between five and 10 seconds I estimate; and secondly, the rendering time is much longer than I'm used to, at least double. I have a Xeon W3680 w 6 cores, so it's fast enough, but there's something about this course that seems resource-heavy. How long did you wait for the course to load before giving up? Maybe just leave it a while longer and see what happens?
braden1308

Post by braden1308 »

There is a lot going on around the tee boxes on this course as well as elsewhere. It is a resource demanding course. Andrew made a number of 3D objects for this course that cause lags in redrawing and play. I remember some players turned down the picture quality in Links to make up for the courses demands.

Glenn
Lez Marwick

Post by Lez Marwick »

FOOOOORE! wrote: August 4th, 2020, 1:20 pm ...the player stands there a lot longer than usual before hitting the ball, between five and 10 seconds I estimate; and secondly, the rendering time is much longer than I'm used to, at least double.
I'm pretty sure these two issues mentioned are the same thing. After you play your shot, the game has to render the new camera view to show your ball landing.
my APCD designs - Ackerton Cross, Anakena Beach, Battley Peak, Elsham Woods, Fairview GC, Margaret's Bay, Masson Moor GC, Mowsbury Golf Club, The Dustin Trophy, Upham Hall Golf Club, Yarlswood Golf Club, Zeitsbergen
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

You're tight, Lez, of course they would want to calculate all that before the swing, not have you stand there waiting after the swing. Same wait, but less grinding of teeth I guess :laugh:
Lez Marwick

Post by Lez Marwick »

FOOOOORE! wrote: August 6th, 2020, 12:28 am You're tight, Lez, of course they would want to calculate all that before the swing, not have you stand there waiting after the swing. Same wait, but less grinding of teeth I guess :laugh:
By turning off the dynamic cam and just using the main golfer camera you can half the time you are waiting on slow rendering courses.
my APCD designs - Ackerton Cross, Anakena Beach, Battley Peak, Elsham Woods, Fairview GC, Margaret's Bay, Masson Moor GC, Mowsbury Golf Club, The Dustin Trophy, Upham Hall Golf Club, Yarlswood Golf Club, Zeitsbergen
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

Thanks, didn't know that. I've also been transcoding hundreds of movies to x265 in the background and that might be having a wee effect on rendering times.