Wow.

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
sagevanni

Re: Wow.

Post by sagevanni »

Daniel......LOL....!!!!!!

Glad to see you still around my man...!!!!!

Sage.... :smile: :smile: :smile:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
Duglis

Post by Duglis »

Pete wrote: August 17th, 2020, 8:59 am Winged foot East Final would be good :notworthy: :thumbup:
Agree. I had a lot of fun playing that. Sage, I hope you do real courses again.
Pete

Post by Pete »

:yes: :yes: :thumbup:
rolle

Post by rolle »

and now 100 :clapping:

thank you very much!!!!! :cheers1:
RTS Elite

Rounds played: 4536
Courses played: 798
Lez Marwick

Post by Lez Marwick »

Do any of Sage's courses have hole previews? I downloaded my first course in 6 years the other day and it was a really nice course by Sage Vanni, but it didn't have hole previews. I never play with the top cam, so I rely on hole previews to play and don't want to download courses without them. Unfortunately, without reviews, there is no way to tell.
my APCD designs - Ackerton Cross, Anakena Beach, Battley Peak, Elsham Woods, Fairview GC, Margaret's Bay, Masson Moor GC, Mowsbury Golf Club, The Dustin Trophy, Upham Hall Golf Club, Yarlswood Golf Club, Zeitsbergen
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

I do not do hole previews except for real courses....I think all my real courses have previews......

I have played my share of golf and have never used any yardage books showing hole layout. I just played the course not knowing what's out there.

Most of my courses have very few blind shots......

Just my 2 cents worth.....

Sage..... :smile:
linksrevisited

Post by linksrevisited »

Sage, never give up designing you are one of the 'greats' that keep this great game going
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

sagevanni wrote: August 22nd, 2020, 12:23 pmI have played my share of golf and have never used any yardage books showing hole layout. I just played the course not knowing what's out there.

Most of my courses have very few blind shots......

Just my 2 cents worth.....
Fair enough for that playstyle, and I tend to agree that its probably an underestimated way of experiencing golf courses in golf sims, but its still different in Links because you dont get the depth perception of seeing things in 3D from independent views per eye and crucially getting to walk around. The aiming marker can partially weigh up for it but blind shots or spots still exist here and there, with woodland doglegs for example you dont have any clue from tee what the rest of the hole may look like without hole previews or the top cam (or planted hole signs, which can still be difficult to view in Links if they're small), whereas in real life you usually at least have a hole sign (or scorecard) to show the rough shape of the hole from the tee.

Also, a very large part of the community enjoy Links in tournament/competitive style rather than "casual" play (for lack of better word) and then its less appealing to be surprised by courses. I doubt you could find any PGA tour player who would be pleased by the suggestion of playing without getting to see any sort of hole preview or have any information from the caddie other than club choice in tournaments.
Last edited by Adelade on August 22nd, 2020, 7:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
saramago

Post by saramago »

Keep it going Sage… great work! :thumbup:
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

Thanks Mr. Saramago......!!!! Thanks everyone.....

Sage..... :smile: