Best early course you go back to

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Paul44

Post by Paul44 »

In My Opinion, I think DriftWood G.C. by Mike Jones is my best early course I go back to again and again. Lovely but not too easy. I love 16th hole par 5.
https://linkscorner.org/courses/course.php?crz=85
The toughest shot in golf is your next one.
Stephen Sullivan

Re: Best early course you go back to

Post by Stephen Sullivan »

Not sure it the best course, but one that I used to play a lot online with my mates Mick Lenton ( who died 6 years ago today :sad: ) and Harald Ritter was Aitch Heath, both the original and this version https://linkscorner.org/courses/course.php?crz=1331
Had lots of fun and chat :thumbup:

As Ben Bateson (ousgg) said in his clipnotes
Ordinary golf, from an extra-ordinary course designer. You'd be sorry to miss this one.
AJ Allen

Post by AJ Allen »

I still enjoy the old original courses that came with the CD's. Even if they lack seam blends and aren't as polished as modern designs. Skeleton Coast, Kapalua Village, Banff, etc.

I don't mind the lower resolution, as it makes for quick loading when playing an online match. I would rather have a little less detail and a fast load time, that be sitting waiting for ages with that "rendering" notice on the screen. There are a few courses released over the years that are simply too slow to load for me to enjoy playing. That is the downside of having loads of 2014px textures.

Cheers, AJ
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Gotta be Banff...and getting back to the recent "tribute" brings great memories-especially now that I've actually visited it.
jerryd

Post by jerryd »

For me Barton Creek from Microsoft. Player designed courses way to many to pick one.

The Carver Brothers, Access Software Would have to be Bountiful. I was hooked when I saw that one.
I don't even like to talk about how much money I spent to play that one.

JerryD
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

The new graphics are just too good to ignore. That and the fact that the old courses had pins that weren't particularly kind to non-click swing styles (IMO). I loved them then though, but I was a clicker. :dunno:

Pete
shagboy

Post by shagboy »

I always go back to Crater’s Edge, a fun but tough course with the wind turned up and the greens fast.
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Crandon Park from 2001 is the oldest release I regularly use, wonderful early creation :smile:
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
billw

Post by billw »

Lagalochan Bay by Alan Toft

billw
Duglis

Post by Duglis »

I like the old MS /Links St. Andrews even though better ones have been done. I like the photograph old feeling. :) Fun with crazy winds and firm greens and such :D