RTJ Judge

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
billw

RTJ Judge

Post by billw »

I have this course somewhere but I can't find it. Can anyone make it available to me?
billw
Adelade

Re: RTJ Judge

Post by Adelade »

Try looking for "JUDGE2K3.CRZ" with the search function among your course folder(s), easy to miss those Microsoft courses in standard searching because of their slightly unintuitive filenames.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
gator

Post by gator »

Adelade wrote: July 21st, 2020, 3:42 pm Try looking for "JUDGE2K3.CRZ" with the search function among your course folder(s), easy to miss those Microsoft courses in standard searching because of their slightly unintuitive filenames.
For whatever reason, Microsoft stuck with the old DOS 8+3 naming convention (up to 8 characters to the left of the "." and up to 3 characters to the right) with their 'crz' courses as they had with their crs, crh, crx, and cre courses - even though we were well into the Windows GUI (and long filenames) by the time Links 2001 (crz) was released.

billw,

You have a PM.
billw

Post by billw »

Thanks, gator.

billw
Obi Wan Kenobi

Post by Obi Wan Kenobi »

Hi guys.
One question, I've have read over here some time ago that all the P2P or private courses would be set as available for download,
are these different cases? A MS matter right?
"Was it love, or was it the idea of being in love?
or was it the hand of fate that seemed to fit just like a glove?"
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

That statement never included MS courses. I don't believe they're quite that generous!

Pete
Obi Wan Kenobi

Post by Obi Wan Kenobi »

pmgolf wrote: July 21st, 2020, 9:28 pm That statement never included MS courses. I don't believe they're quite that generous!

Pete
Sure! I missunderstood the matter... :surrender:
"Was it love, or was it the idea of being in love?
or was it the hand of fate that seemed to fit just like a glove?"
1PuttJeff

Post by 1PuttJeff »

billw wrote: July 21st, 2020, 2:52 pm I have this course somewhere but I can't find it. Can anyone make it available to me?
billw
I read your post with interest because I noticed that I didn't have The Robert Trent Jones Judge Course in my Links course library either, but discovered that the course is located on disk #3 of the 2003 Links Championship Edition and it is listed as "JUDGE2K2.CRZ. I simply just inserted the disk into my hard drive, located the course file on disk #3 and dragged it into my Links "Courses" folder. Hope that helps! :smile:
ChuckH

Post by ChuckH »

I have the Judge.crz course but I would love to have the updated Judge2k3.crz course if someone wants to share. That course has one of the best opening shots in golf. Thanks.
Titus

Post by Titus »

Hello,

I had never played the Judge.crx course before, no idea why.
So download and install the Judge2k3.crz course.
After a long search, I found him in Links under the name - Robert Trent Jones G.T. (2003)

I have the Judge.crz course but I would love to have the updated Judge2k3.crz course if someone wants to share. That course has one of the best opening shots in golf. Thanks.
screen0154.jpg
screen0154.jpg (693.34 KiB) Viewed 4552 times
Wow

AJ, Thank you for this piece of jewelry :yes:

Titus