New trees for planting set?

Share your designing tips with other Designer's. Find answers to your problems using the APCD.
sagevanni

Re: New trees for planting set?

Post by sagevanni »

I don't care we get them into a course......GOOD NEW trees and stuff are always welcome......and we ALL thank you AJ...!!!!!!

Sage..... :clapping: :cheers1: :smile:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

AJ Allen wrote: July 17th, 2020, 7:01 am
Danny D wrote: July 17th, 2020, 3:50 am
AJ Allen wrote: July 16th, 2020, 11:10 pm
Yes I am. I will put them all into a crz so anyone that wants them will be able to open it in APCD :cheers1:
Cheers, AJ
Just curious AJ. If you put the trees in a CRZ, and then we open it in the APCD, how do we transfer them into our planting sets? :unsure:

Dan
If you have a course you are working on open in APCD, then you can go to the planting tab, object library, and choose to import from course. Do you think there is a better way, perhaps just zip the trees up in a bundle perhaps?

Cheers, AJ
OK, I know how to "import" from a course, but you don't have to open the course in the APCD to do it. You open the APCD and the planting set, and then browse to the CRZ file that's stored on your computer, and then import them from the CRZ. But some of us suspect that doing so can sometimes corrupt the objects. Probably the safest way to get them to us is just zip them up into a folder and let us manually add them to our planting sets. There are other ways for us to get them from a CRZ. For example, if you were to put them in a CRZ file, I would extract them using the Links Extender, and THEN add them manually to the planting set... Don't let me sway you one way or the other. Wait for some others to give you their preferences before you make a final decision. Either way we will get to them. :yes: And thanks so much for all your hard work in creating them. We can always use new trees. :thumbup:

:cheers1: Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
AJ Allen

Post by AJ Allen »

Dan, I'm wondering if there is any way to import a planting set? Say I had a really good set that I created, is there any way I can share that with somebody, do you know?

Cheers, AJ
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

AJ Allen wrote: July 17th, 2020, 9:35 am Dan, I'm wondering if there is any way to import a planting set? Say I had a really good set that I created, is there any way I can share that with somebody, do you know?

Cheers, AJ
I honestly don't know about that. I suppose if you were only using objects from the default planting set, you might be able to share the PST file that you created. But if you have custom objects included, I don't know of an EASY way to share it. Somehow the custom images would need to be added to the file structure within the other persons APCD.

I suppose you could do it the way I did, and use a fresh new copy of the APCD, build your own custom planting set, and then zip up the entire APCD and share that. The recipients would just unzip the contents into a folder and start using your APCD with its custom objects only in it. That's the only way I know of. Perhaps someone else know a better way. :dunno:

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

I believe sharing planting sets only work if the object.lib is also the same, so its not a particularly practical method in most cases. Sharing an object.lib file along with the full Object directory does work if the recipient uses them in their entirety, I just dont remember for sure if loading planting sets created for it also does or not, you may have to remake/replicate the planting set (which isnt all that troublesome). The problem is merging a copied library with an existing user library, personally I have never gotten the LibraryMerge program to complete its process (I tried a lot of things long ago, tried once now and still same thing) but if it works on your system there may be a practical way of merging 2 different user libraries together (but surely youd have to remake a planting set for it in that case).

Aside from that, the best thing is sadly to just gradually add individual files to build one's library and planting set(s). Im no fan of using APCD's own import function, I prefer Links Extender or raw TGA files. A CRZ works fine for me but a collection of TGA files is slightly less work.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...