Lambton Golf and Country Club

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Jimbo

Re: Lambton Golf and Country Club

Post by Jimbo »

I know that there's been a ton of feedback on this course but I really believe that this will be one of the best courses of the year. The more input from non-APCDers can really make life a pain :wallbash: but the product will be worth it! :cheers1:
Bring on the Canadian Open! (St. George's is practically next door!)
Pete

Post by Pete »

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

One tiny thing-and if it's a problem feel free to tell me where to go-the flags should be red...believe me, that's about as nitpicky as I'll get-but this course is shaping up to be a masterpiece.
LeWAW

Post by LeWAW »

Jimbo wrote: July 6th, 2020, 4:25 am One tiny thing-and if it's a problem feel free to tell me where to go-the flags should be red...believe me, that's about as nitpicky as I'll get-but this course is shaping up to be a masterpiece.
Jimbo, is it something like this one ?
Attachments
MJ-2399-681x1024(pp_w480_h721).jpg
MJ-2399-681x1024(pp_w480_h721).jpg (69.67 KiB) Viewed 3549 times
CIAO, LeWAW :cheers1:
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

You da man!
For what it's worth I've emailed the club to inquire about their bidding for the Canadian Open. As I said earlier the club is practically across the street from St. George's and down the street from Weston (where Arnie won his first tournament-but Weston would need to add a few hundred more yards to get another Canadian Open). As long as the Canadian Open is held right after the British Open there's virtually no chance that it will be held anywhere west of Southern Ontario or Montreal (there are two top-ranked courses in Cape Breton-Cabot Cliffs & Links but the region is too small to host a PGA event unfortunately).
Like I said-your rendition of this course is going to turn heads...and St. George's & Hamilton are still "on the burner".

My post about Canadian courses has really "moved the balloon" :smile: and folks will realize that we're not just hockey and curling.
And I'm always available to "nit-pick" for any other Canadian courses....there are more than just a few in Western Canada-especially the mountain courses in Alberta & BC and the Pacific courses in Vancouver and "on the island".

All in all, this is one very happy Canucklehead Linkster!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :notworthy: :yes: :thumbup:
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Just a little FYI-a huge storm causes some serious flooding in west Toronto. It was very short but very intense. I don't need to tell you which courses took it on the chin!
The entire Lake Ontario-Ottawa-St. Lawrence region is like a Brazilian jungle right now-it's the kind of weather than can get very ugly very quickly.
LeWAW

Post by LeWAW »

Jimbo wrote: July 9th, 2020, 5:06 pm Just a little FYI-a huge storm causes some serious flooding in west Toronto. It was very short but very intense. I don't need to tell you which courses took it on the chin!
The entire Lake Ontario-Ottawa-St. Lawrence region is like a Brazilian jungle right now-it's the kind of weather than can get very ugly very quickly.
Sad news 😱
CIAO, LeWAW :cheers1:
Stephen Sullivan

Post by Stephen Sullivan »

Not sure if anything is amiss with a texture or mapping, but i thought this looked a bit odd in Dynamic Camera in the bottom left as if the texture isn't displaying quite right
Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-1.jpg (436.6 KiB) Viewed 3383 times
AJ Allen

Post by AJ Allen »

Stephen, this might be unrelated, but worth trying.

I noticed you have your frame rate showing. I seem to recall when I tried using that, I got the occasional odd display glitch. Couldn't see any benefit to having it displaying anyway so I turned it off. Perhaps try disabling it and see what happens?

Cheers, AJ
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Its the border between near and mid texture versions, I have already sent my beta feedback to LeWAW but I will say here as well - apart from a few picky opinions of mine about mid and water textures that I dont mind overlooking, I think this course seems amazing :smile: I havent actually played a full round yet but it looks on first glance like it will play really well too. Im pretty excited :smile:
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...