Allow non regulation fairways

Share your designing tips with other Designer's. Find answers to your problems using the APCD.
jpresley789

Allow non regulation fairways

Post by jpresley789 »

Hey everyone, hope you all are keeping well and staying healthy,
I hope someone can help me with this. Like an idiot I created a course and checked the allow non regulation fairway box and you all know what happens after that. This was my very first design many years ago before we knew not to check that stupid box. Is there anyway I can take my entire plot and copy it to a new course. Or is there something else that can be done to this course to fix all the problems that occur when this box is checked.

Thank you

Jody Presley
Danny D

Re: Allow non regulation fairways

Post by Danny D »

jpresley789 wrote: April 15th, 2020, 2:49 pm Hey everyone, hope you all are keeping well and staying healthy,
I hope someone can help me with this. Like an idiot I created a course and checked the allow non regulation fairway box and you all know what happens after that. This was my very first design many years ago before we knew not to check that stupid box. Is there anyway I can take my entire plot and copy it to a new course. Or is there something else that can be done to this course to fix all the problems that occur when this box is checked.

Thank you

Jody Presley
Hi Jody...
I know of no way to copy the course as is, and replicate it in the other format. Just curious, have you had the problem with the invisible cups? From what I've heard, there's no guarantee that selecting non-regulation hole will absolutely cause a problem. Only that it's most likely to. If you aren't having that problem, I wouldn't worry about it.

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

As you can see by the Mounties at the top the fairways are 10 yards longer and the greens are 15 yards deeper.. :smile:
WTF? The Mounties just disappeared! They must have ridden off to get their man!
jpresley789

Post by jpresley789 »

Hey Dan, Thanks for the reply
Yes I have the disappearing cups but not all of them. I also have an issue with the scorecard not showing any yardages for the holes. They are all zero except for I think 2 holes that have the correct yardage listed. I guess I am stuck with it this way.
I will try to replant all the pins and see what happens. I have never tried that to correct the cup issue.

Jody
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

As I understand, there are (at least) two different issues that can cause disappearing cups. One of them is caused by not using Validate & Save after pins or the terrain they're on having been moved, the other caused by Allow non regulation fairways. I unfortunately dont think anyone ever found a solution to the last one :sad: I dont either know of any method to copypaste information about a course over to a new one, it should theoretically be possible to develop a program that could do that since the Links Extender for example can see a lot of such information in individual files, but it would probably take a ton of time and no ones realistically going to do it at this point.

I believe the disappearing cups caused by allowing non regulation fairways dont happen consistently to certain pins/cups, it can happen to different ones at different times during play, and other times the same cups will display fine. The best method to deal with it may be to be forced to accept it, and whenever encountering an invisible cup in the game, force the game to render the scene again (by for example rotating the view 1 degree left or right) and likely the cup will display then.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
jpresley789

Post by jpresley789 »

Ya I figured I would have to live with it. I will also try to make sure I didn't move any terrain around just in case. Thank you for the reply.

Stay covid fee everyone.