GOOGLE MAPS

Share your designing tips with other Designer's. Find answers to your problems using the APCD.
Jimbo

GOOGLE MAPS

Post by Jimbo »

Maybe this has happened to you-if so I hope you can help me. I'm trying to copy a map of a course from Google Maps to a photoshop program. An entire section of the course and surrounding land is dark and barely visible-this isn't a monitor issue-I have a big monitor attached to my smaller PC and it doesn't happen for other areas I'm looking at-only this particular area in North Vancouver. The southern part of the course looks okay but most of the course (including the clubhouse appear to be covered in digital fog.
This problem does not occur with the old Google Maps but that's "last year's news" and Google doesn't support it anympre.
Does anybody have a theory? I'm looking at Les' tutorials and am trying to "bite the bullet" but the "bullet" has a problem!
Ian Wells

Re: GOOGLE MAPS

Post by Ian Wells »

Jimbo,
Have you looked at an earlier rendition of Google Earth by moving the slider? This may give a better quality of photo.
Good luck.
Ian
Adelade

Re: GOOGLE MAPS

Post by Adelade »

Yeah try historical imagery of the area, perhaps you can find a better image from 1 or 2 years ago or so. You can only do this in the downloaded version of Google Earth (which is free).
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...