People On Bridge

Share your designing tips with other Designer's. Find answers to your problems using the APCD.
Colin Jones

Re: People On Bridge

Post by Colin Jones »

Might be right Adelade - I'm just assuming, as Dan did, that you can't plant on 3D objects.

Honestly tho, I'd just build a new bridge from terrain. Nice quick & easy structure to get your 3D skills up, and it could look so much better than that stock object. And not sure the current knee-high railings would be compliant with local pedestrian bridge regulations would they? :smile:
Completed: Golf Club of Houston (Redstone); Banff Springs; Mauna Kea 2024
Working on: Royal Sydney (2024); NSW Golf Club (2024)
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Colin Jones wrote: March 12th, 2024, 6:01 amHonestly tho, I'd just build a new bridge from terrain. Nice quick & easy structure to get your 3D skills up, and it could look so much better than that stock object.
I agree with "nice", but I dont know about "quick" ... :laugh:

I've never done any particularly elaborate bridges myself, but I've done a bunch of similar 3D, and even the simple bridges I made felt like they took a bunch of time. I guess it feels like it goes quick if enjoying it and vice versa? :smile:
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
Volorgas

Post by Volorgas »

Thanks everyone, for all your help. I figured out how to create the single face above the hull which worked for the spectators on the bridge.

Much appreciated.

Volorgas
Attachments
BridgeSpectatorsFixed.jpg
BridgeSpectatorsFixed.jpg (624.45 KiB) Viewed 235 times
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

Volorgas wrote: March 13th, 2024, 1:05 am Thanks everyone, for all your help. I figured out how to create the single face above the hull which worked for the spectators on the bridge.

Much appreciated.

Volorgas
You're welcome.
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added