PROBLEM WITH LINKS CORNER UPLOADS FOR LINKS03

Having hardware or software problems related to Links? Other forum members may be able to help you here.
MDESTIN

PROBLEM WITH LINKS CORNER UPLOADS FOR LINKS03

Post by MDESTIN »

This is probably a problem others have had before. I purchased LINKS2003 from the manufacturer years ago but never played it. Until recently. Ive been mostly 2001 verson. So I came to LINKS corner anmd uploaded a couple 2003 "only" courses-- CARNOUSTIE AND CYPRESS AND PASATIEMPO BUT NONE WILL PLAY WITH REFERENCES BEEN MADE TO THE VIDEO CARD.
\
BUT the games that arrived as part of the original game play just fine.

What am I missing with the LInKS CORNER 2003 uploads.?

Can anyone help.

marvin
Jimbo

Re: PROBLEM WITH LINKS CORNER UPLOADS FOR LINKS03

Post by Jimbo »

Have you doenloaded the patches from Links Country Club?
MDESTIN

Post by MDESTIN »

Do I upload all patches or just one of the three?
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

This site has a version of Links that you download (it costs $7.50) it works for everyone I know - me included. Go to the Pro Shop. Don't buy the old courses right away. The newer ones are much better and there are hundreds of them - free!

https://www.linkscountryclub.com/sign-i ... t=/proshop

The people at this site (LinksCorner.org) will get you up and running. The old version that was on disks (CD) can be made to work, maybe, but it is quite old. It sounds like you're having trouble because you need the latest patch (Vers. 1.07, and probably the nVidia patch also) for wide-screen) to run the newer courses. When you're ready, come back here and tell us your operating system (ie. Windows 10), laptop or desktop, and Intel "onboard graphics" if you're unfortunate enough to have it instead of a proper video card.

Pete
LSPN Tour Director
World Tour
MDESTIN

Post by MDESTIN »

Thanks to everyone for their assitance.
I have a friend who has all the computers circa 2000-2005 in his basement, who used to be a computer repair guy in the 80s. He made me a "new" computer just to play LINKS. He found the original versions to work best with WINDOWS XP. I dont think he was able to find the DRIVERS for the invidea video card. Is there some place that sells the card and the drivers?

There are a few courses Im dying to play like Cypress and Pasatiempo which are n ear where I live.AS I said the games that come with the original CDs play great. Its the LInks Corner 2003 course that dont. Is the problem really fixed just with the patches. There are three. Put them all in or are they unique for different configurations.
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

I have read posts by people that go to sites to get old drivers, but I'm not familiar with the names of them. You may have luck at TomsHardware.com for one.

Your friend may have found a market for those old machines right here.

Pete
dko

Post by dko »

As Pete (pmgolf) suggested, why not just get the 1.07 and nvidia patches and install them to see what happens? The links to the patches on the intro page to this website appear to be dead, but they're both available at Links Country Club (I just checked) which you can also find on the intro page.

P.S. If I remember correctly, 1.07 incorporates 1.02 and 1.05 so no need to download those.
Doug
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Yes patch 1.07 should indeed solve the problem. The reason the original courses work for you but not the others is because the original ones do not have high-resolution textures. Patch 1.07 makes the game able to handle courses with high resolution textures (among other things).
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
MDESTIN

Post by MDESTIN »

]First of all thanks again for all the great suggestions and link. Im getting my geezer tech friend to check out LINKS. NOt sure the computer he made for me has wi fi or needs a wire/plug. Ill be hitting his workshop to do the patches this weekend hopefully and his schedule permitting. One last question. Do you need the Invidea patch if you dont have an Invidia video card? or does that patch covert all otehrs to sync as an Invidea card. Again thanks to al for your help to this newbie?
Titus

Post by Titus »

I do it in this order - follow these steps in order.

1. Install game Links2K3
2. Install patch Links2k3_107_Final.exe
3. Install patch Links2k3_nvidia_win7_FINAL.exe
4. Only copy or replace RUKSHUK.exe, do not run it! (noCD Patch)
5. start and pray (afterwards you have to start the game more often) :fcrossed: