Kinloch Golf Club (Manakin-Sabot, Virginia)

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Ian Wells

Kinloch Golf Club (Manakin-Sabot, Virginia)

Post by Ian Wells »

Is anybody building Kinloch Golf Club (Manakin-Sabot, Virginia)?
Ian
Colin Jones

Re: Kinloch Golf Club (Manakin-Sabot, Virginia)

Post by Colin Jones »

No.

You are setting yourself quite a challenge Ian! Not heard of it before, but it looks great.
Completed: Golf Club of Houston (Redstone); Banff Springs; Mauna Kea 2024
Working on: Royal Sydney (2024); NSW Golf Club (2024)
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

PM sent!

Pete
Weeler

Post by Weeler »

Ian,
Like Colin, I've never heard of this course before. How do you find such "hidden gems" to re-create in LINKS ? I went online to check it out, and it looks absolutely beautiful and is probably a pretty decent challenge to play. I think it looks like a wonderful choice for a LINKS course. I hope you decide to move forward with it. I'm also looking forward to a preview of your upcoming Black Rock course as well.

Love your work..............Ron
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

There is this old thread from 2021 about the course, but the previous attempts of making the course might well be abandoned by now:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1265
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

That was the first time I ever encountered anyone who declared that they were going to do a course even though they knew that someone else was working on it. I had been working on it for over a year, learning the APCD as I worked on it. When this horses rear-end came along I indicated that I was going to continue working on it, but the guy didn't care and was going to proceed to finish it. I gave up on the course right then, and amazingly, the horses rear-end proceeded to disappear. He wasn't working on finishing it, he was just being a d-i-c-k, and he wasn't heard from again. Inexcusable. He did it for pure meanness!

Pete
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

I dont know how serious you were there Pete but I think you're being way too hard on him, for all we know, he could have been working on it for years before that post too, he didnt necessarily know you were working on it when he started, and he did show up later to say he was still working on it in February 2023. Finishing a course can take a really long time, especially someone's first course. I should know, it took me over 10 years for mine. It was just an unfortunate coincidence because of not announcing when starting a course, but that happens all the time, cant be too hard on him for that.

Actually, looking back at his post, he did seem to say he had started it before Covid happened.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

Colin,
After the other post on this topic, I am not sure if I am up to that challenge. :dunno:
Very intrigued as to which is your latest course.

Adelade,
I only checked the course database, I didn't think about searching the forum, and although I would have read the link that you forwarded, my memory is not so good. And another thing, my memory is not so good. :smile:

Ron,
Thank you for your post. Black Rock should be issued for check today or tomorrow.

Pete,
See PM

I will try to PM Brandywine today and if he will complete the course then I will look for another course. (His course looks very good from the screen shot so it will be disappointing if he is unable to complete).

If he decides not to complete I will try to build it.

Thanks for your comments,

Ian
GoBucks

Post by GoBucks »

His latest post, if anyone cares.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1835
No matter where you go, there you are.
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

Ian Wells wrote: December 29th, 2023, 5:29 am
Pete,
See PM

I will try to PM Brandywine today
I found the post where I declared that I was working on Kinloch.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=422&p=3004&hilit=kinloch#p3004

What irritates me is that Brandywine already knew that I was doing it when he declared he was going to do it, Adelade. What Ian is doing is the proper way to do things - ask if anyone is doing the course. I'm delighted that Ian wants to do Kinloch.

Pete