Course Requests

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Big Sexy JC

Course Requests

Post by Big Sexy JC »

Putting in an official request for some PGA courses that don't exist and that would fill a gap for all of us doing any type of PGA career or replay. These are also from a part of the country that lacks a lot of real courses in the library. That's my double justification for requesting these.

My first choices
PGA West La Quinta (the only version of this is from 2001) needs a MAJOR redo and is outdated.
PGA West Pete Dye Stadium Course (doesn't exist at all that I know of).
PGA West Jack Nicklaus Tournament Course (doesn't exist at all that I know of).
Monterey Peninsula Country Club (we have Spyglass and Pebble Beach so Monterey completes the trifecta)

Second choices
Royal Liverpool (the version Sean Landry did is a rough draft per his course notes and it needs finishing touches or a complete redo)
TPC Summerlin (I'm not aware of any Vegas courses in the library)

Lower priorities that would be great to have
Country Club of Jackson (Sanderson Farms Championship)
Congaree Golf Club (CJ Cup)
Keene Trace Golf Club (Barbasol)
Sedgefield Country Club (Wyndham Championship)
Weeler

Re: Course Requests

Post by Weeler »

There's also The Links at Spanish Bay, which is located on the Monterey Peninsula, and has beautiful ocean views.

There's another resort course in the La Quinta area called Silver Rock Resort, with a layout by Arnold Palmer that looks interesting.The website even has an animated "drone" type flyover videos of each hole.

Sorry, JC, just thought I'd list a couple more that are in this area, and would probably be great for LINKS.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

If only the APCD wasn't such a...rhymes with "itch"...and only a handful of us seemed to have mastered it...
...and when I say "mastered"...
morvio100

Post by morvio100 »

Cog Hill or Kapalua or possibly Pasatiempo,,,,preferably an up to date shit hot Dem supplied by the Linkster/Lidar....to Ian wells or some other master designer Linkster/Miller/Jones standard.....nirvana ....my no 1 would be Pasatiempo/Linkster DEM to Ian Wells/Linkster standard....Christmas come early
dorse72

Post by dorse72 »

Pasatiempo has been done i think? Cog Hill was released with early Links, I have it an a Access disc somewhere, would be a simple redo
GoBucks

Post by GoBucks »

dorse72 wrote: September 5th, 2023, 2:46 pm Pasatiempo has been done i think?
Ian Wells. 9/4/2021
No matter where you go, there you are.
g3b

Post by g3b »

I second the motion on Royal Liverpool & is a redo of Yarra Yarra in the pipeline?
Thanks
g3b :clapping:
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Sean Landry has worked more on his Royal Liverpool since the last public version. I believe he still means to finish it.

Certainly dont want to discourage anyone from making any course whatsoever outside of North America though... :smile:
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
morvio100

Post by morvio100 »

dorse72 wrote: September 5th, 2023, 2:46 pm Pasatiempo has been done i think? Cog Hill was released with early Links, I have it an a Access disc somewhere, would be a simple redo

I just checked it out again....with no disrespect to Ian...its not bad...but I think its a rendition of someone else's original design (McKenzie)...his Crooked stick course is a different level bc its a much much more detailed DEM provided by Linkster....Pasatiempo is probably on even par with Augusta for beauty...with a Linkster DEM this course could be amazing....lets forget about Acesss courses...Links looks like its entered into a new era...the new Agusta Beta is amazing and i;d say the Final will be top notch...I better skiddale now ...bc Duck Hook is trolling all my posts...lol
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

What? Ian Wells did Pasatiempo in 2021 and now you think it should be redone. (ignoring your clever little dig at Alister McKensie.) Wow! That's a pretty crappy thing to say! I think it's awesome! Maybe Huntingdale needs to be redone instead! Why are you so anxious to make enemies?

The only person I see raving about DEMs is you, and I suspect it's a dead horse named sarcasm that you keep on beating on. What's your problem with DEMs?

Pete