Lie Icon for wood

Share your designing tips with other Designer's. Find answers to your problems using the APCD.
braden1308

Lie Icon for wood

Post by braden1308 »

I seem to remember somebody making a lie icon for playing off of wood, does anyone remember, if so is it still around?
Ian Wells

Re: Lie Icon for wood

Post by Ian Wells »

Glenn,
I was unaware that it was possible to add Lie Icons.
After reading your post I decided to give it a try. even though my GIMP skills are somewhat lacking.
Wood.jpg
Wood.jpg (10.99 KiB) Viewed 947 times
or
Wood 1.jpg
Wood 1.jpg (7.37 KiB) Viewed 940 times

This system won't allow me to upload the tga file as I get an error message:
ERROR
It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image. Please verify that the URL you entered is correct.

(APCD only accepts a tga to the Lie icon so the name in the pick list is "wood.tga" and not wood.
If you want me to send the tga, let me have your email address via a PM.

Ian
Duck Hook

Post by Duck Hook »

Nice work Ian. :thumbup:
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

Hi Ian................Can I have that too?

Sage....... :clapping: :cheers1:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

Sage,
Send me your email address via a PM and I will send the tga file. :tiphat:

(No idea why I can't add it to the post.) :dunno:

Ian
Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

A slight anomaly.

For some reason I must rotate the image 180 degrees for it to be shown correctly in Links.
First Cut.jpg
First Cut.jpg (10 KiB) Viewed 920 times

In APCD it now looks wrong:
First Cut 180.jpg
First Cut 180.jpg (8.42 KiB) Viewed 920 times
In my opinion it is more important to be shown correctly in Links.

Any suggestions how I can achieve the correct orientation in both Links and APCD will be appreciated.

Ian
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

So it does show up in Links? Interesting. My memory about it is foggy but I feel like when I tested having a custom lie icon a while back, it just wouldnt work.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
braden1308

Post by braden1308 »

Adelade wrote: August 24th, 2023, 4:31 pm So it does show up in Links? Interesting. My memory about it is foggy but I feel like when I tested having a custom lie icon a while back, it just wouldnt work.
That does sound familiar….maybe if Eddie see's this he may remember who tried it back in the day.
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

It seems like I heard Les mention something about creating "lie" icons in one of his videos, and I thought he advised against it for some reason I can't remember. :dunno:
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

Gentlemen,
Adelade, Dan and Glenn are correct - whats new? -there is a problem.

APCD accepts the new lie icon and after V&S the new icon shows in Links:
first cut lie icon Links.jpg
first cut lie icon Links.jpg (56.53 KiB) Viewed 866 times

The problem comes when I go back in APCD after V&S and select the texture properties. APCD CRASHES with "EXCEPTION TYPE::ACCESS VIOLATION".

What I don't understand is that for me to notice the lie icon was 180° out in Links I had to V&S and open in Links. Then I had to open APCD and then I had to revise the lie icon in the APCD texture properties. So why does it crash now?

What is worse is that this dummy used his Beta master to test the new lie icons. :wallbash: :rant: :ill:

Fortunately I do have the pre-Beta backup, so no great loss, just duplicate work, which is par for the course with APCD - and this DUMMY.
EDIT
Opening an earlier revision in the same APCD does not work, as when selecting the texture properties for any texture, causes a crash to occur.

I have been able to open up the last revision after the lie icon change in a new version of APCD and the lie icons are the APCD standard lie icons and no crashes. :cheers1: :cheers1: :cheers1: :cheers1: :cheers1: :cheers1:

I guess, if you really want to add custom lie icons, you can, but make it on the last revision of the course prior to V&S for the final issue.

Ian