Sequoyah National Golf Club

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Ian Wells

Re: Sequoyah National Golf Club

Post by Ian Wells »

Adelade, :oops: :oops:
I have tested it and it did work, but after the lie icon fiasco, I am no longer sure of anything. :dunno:
I have just retested it and it didn’t work :tomato:
I had tested this in practice mode not in normal playing mode.
I will return to my shell and keep quiet. :surrender:
Thank you Adelade for this correction. :tiphat:
Ian
john_iv

Post by john_iv »

Interestingly I'm getting a crash on this course during the re-paint after a drive on the 5th hole from the black tees using RTS. It also happens during a practice round with just the 5th hole chosen.

1. Drive the green w/ a driver.
2. This time I was in the rough behind the green, as it went to redraw the screen the game closed.
3. Attempts to restart the hole at the Links prompt result in another crash. I use the top down camera and the pin camera.
--
I removed the pin camera and got the same thing.
I can't seem to finish the hole, even if I lay up and get to the green in two it crashes out on the green; very odd. Haven't seen this before in a course. :) Re-downloaded it again just to double check. Wonder if there's some object near there that's causing some issues.
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

Hi John,
I'll look into it and see if I can get it to happen on my machine.

Sage...... :dunno:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
ChuckH

Post by ChuckH »

This course is quite the workout but I love it. Thanks Sage. I have to agree that I don't like the seam blend transitions as already mentioned. It is really severe in places. I hit the pin from the tee on the par 4 fifth. That's a first for me. I did not get a crash on the 5th as someone mentioned. I like your deep grass texture:
Attachments
Wild grass.jpg
Wild grass.jpg (346.58 KiB) Viewed 921 times
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

Hi Chuck,
I've already toned down that blend issue.......I can let you test the results and we can go from there if you like......Lemme know and I'll link ya to the course.

Sage...... :cheers1:
ChuckH

Post by ChuckH »

sagevanni wrote: August 27th, 2023, 6:03 pm Hi Chuck,
I've already toned down that blend issue.......I can let you test the results and we can go from there if you like......Lemme know and I'll link ya to the course.

Sage...... :cheers1:
Yeah. I'd like to see the difference. Just pm me with a link. How's Wolf Creek coming along? I'm looking forward to that one. Thanks.
Chuck
john_iv

Post by john_iv »

sagevanni wrote: August 27th, 2023, 7:25 am Hi John,
I'll look into it and see if I can get it to happen on my machine.

Sage...... :dunno:
Sage, I've determined it's crashing with a recent AMD video driver update, happened just now with Carlyon Lake as well. Apologies for the false alarm. :)
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

Hi John,
Glad it wasn't the course. I could not make it happen on my end.

Sage....... :cheers1:
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

john_iv wrote: August 28th, 2023, 7:38 amSage, I've determined it's crashing with a recent AMD video driver update, happened just now with Carlyon Lake as well. Apologies for the false alarm. :)
Please let us know if you figure out a solution or anything more about the problem though? Good luck on getting it solved, I dont know how feasible it is nowadays to rollback and keep old AMD drivers.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
john_iv

Post by john_iv »

Adelade, I've submitted a bug report to AMD and posted on their support forum about it. I'm sure they'll get right on the crash in a 20 year old game. ;-)
https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-so ... m-p/627720

I was able to go to the Adrenaline download page and get 23.7.2 which is the last driver package which works (there is a previous drivers link in the middle somewhat hidden). This solved the crashing but continues to show a bug I reported 3 years ago with them about a white polygon 'spike' coming out of the golfer's ankle, laugh.
https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-so ... 97#M179464

Current 23.8.1 solved that spike issue but caused the crashes. One step forward, two steps back. :)