Oak Hill East BETA - 9th tee

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
johnmilligan

Oak Hill East BETA - 9th tee

Post by johnmilligan »

Something wrong with the 9th tee on OAK HILL - EAST beta. The drive goes about 50 yards short ans 1/2 a fairway right.
braden1308

Re: Oak Hill East BETA - 9th tee

Post by braden1308 »

I'll take a look.

FYI,

There will be a new version sometime in the future from one of linksters dem's
braden1308

Post by braden1308 »

Played all tee's on 9 and could not find anything that would cause what you described. If it happens again, please let me know.

Glenn
johnmilligan

Post by johnmilligan »

Hi Glenn,
It's on the back tee and has happened about 10 out of 10 times. If I use the 2 wood, no problems but then it is a very difficult 2nd shot.
I just tried it again with exactly the same result and took screen shots - If you send me your email address I'll forward these to you.

Also, a small improvement I might add: The light coloring of the creeks looks unnatural. I suggest a similar color to what you use on the 4th hole at Atlanta Athletic Club.

Regards, John Milligan.
johnmilligan3@bigpond.com
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

johnmilligan wrote: August 15th, 2023, 1:02 am Hi Glenn,
It's on the back tee and has happened about 10 out of 10 times. If I use the 2 wood, no problems but then it is a very difficult 2nd shot.
I just tried it again with exactly the same result and took screen shots - If you send me your email address I'll forward these to you.

Also, a small improvement I might add: The light coloring of the creeks looks unnatural. I suggest a similar color to what you use on the 4th hole at Atlanta Athletic Club.

Regards, John Milligan.
johnmilligan3@bigpond.com
Hi John. Lets assume for a minute that there might be a corrupted object in front of the tee that you can't see. Perhaps a 2 wood clears it, but a driver won't. As a test, try elevating the driver loft all the way up and see if it works.

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
dko

Post by dko »

I played four rounds on this course earlier with no issues on the 9th. According to my stats, I averaged 280 yards on my drives on this hole, and 278 on the two that hit the fairway (I typically play under breezy conditions, and the wind seems to be against on this hole.) I just tried again in both practice and play mode and had the same result. :dunno:
Doug
braden1308

Post by braden1308 »

John, you have a pm
bear2016

Post by bear2016 »

ive played the course about ten times and have never had an issue on that hole
johnmilligan

Post by johnmilligan »

Hi Glenn,

It looks like that is the problem. I usually use the "easy swing" and get the problem. If I use the classic swing I usually put the ball almost on the lowest trajectory. It does travel OK though if I set up for a higher trajectory.

Thanks, John.
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

I played this beta course just now and liked it a whole lot, but noticed that the Deep Rough played surprisingly easy, I tested in practice mode afterwards and I believe the Deep Rough actually plays the same as fairway, which breaks the otherwise wonderful course.

I never watched any of the PGA Championship from earlier this year, and Im not sure why but I had somehow gotten the notion that I was probably going to find this layout a bit dull, so the course really surprised me, I think it plays wonderfully. I actually played it from the Mid tees because it looked like it was going to be wearisomely tough from the Back tees considering the supposed deep rough, somewhat tight fairways and plentiful hazards and trees, I felt like the Mid tees provided excellent challenge too (or at least they would have, if the Deep Rough played like Deep Rough). I know you mentioned there might be a DEM version sometime in the future but personally I dont see the need, I think this one would be great if turned into a final with the Deep Rough issue fixed and the textures properties of all the first cut textures and seamblends made more consistent (sometimes plays like fairway, sometimes like rough), and perhaps the extremely blue colour of the water texture tuned down a bit. Excellent creation, would love to have a final :smile:
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...