Windows 11/Links Sits on Desktop

Having hardware or software problems related to Links? Other forum members may be able to help you here.
Adelade

Re: Windows 11/Links Sits on Desktop

Post by Adelade »

Daniel wrote: April 24th, 2023, 10:40 pm Any one in here playing Links with a 12th generation CPU I tried to get Kiwi's game going using a remote program but to no avail I noticed his CPU was a 12th generation that was the only difference between his Computer and mine. I even used the same Nvidia Driver that I use.
Me on Win 10 and john_iv on Win 11 that I can immediately point to:

https://linkscorner.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 352#p16352

https://linkscorner.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 840#p16840
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

My Graphics card is an Nvidia 3070 Kiwi's card is an Nvidia 3060 anyone else got the game running with an Nvidia 3060.Just trying to pin things down as to why his game drops to the taskbar.
morvio100

Post by morvio100 »

Quick question Dannyboy...what's listed in the performance folder in your reg...you said you have it up and running on Win 11? am I correct ?....what's listed in the performance folder in your reg...1/your card ...2/the v..doo wrapper...did you have to alter your VideoCard.txt in the main dir..maybe suggest to the Kiwi....to enter the/his graphics card ID in the file...might be worth a shot :dunno:
GoBucks

Post by GoBucks »

Has he followed all of these steps?

Having to re install Links
Simple, follow these steps in order.

1 install Links
2 install v1.02
3 install v1.05
4 install v 1.07
5 install links NVIDIA patch
6 install lspn crash fix
7 install LSPN_MAIN_L2K3
Procedure,
Place all the files in the links main folder (including RuKsHuk.exe).
To install the patches, just double click on them, it will be done automatically.
Good luck, see you on the tees.
Robert (aka Obelix)

NB: LSPN_MAIN will set the proper IP within Links to play ON-LINE
No matter where you go, there you are.
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

GoBucks wrote: April 25th, 2023, 2:07 pm Has he followed all of these steps?

Having to re install Links
Simple, follow these steps in order.

1 install Links
2 install v1.02
3 install v1.05
4 install v 1.07
5 install links NVIDIA patch
6 install lspn crash fix
7 install LSPN_MAIN_L2K3
Procedure,
Place all the files in the links main folder (including RuKsHuk.exe).
To install the patches, just double click on them, it will be done automatically.
Good luck, see you on the tees.
Robert (aka Obelix)

NB: LSPN_MAIN will set the proper IP within Links to play ON-LINE
I'm thinking this could mislead someone into thinking they should "double click" on RuKsHuk.exe to install it. For those that don't know, the RuHsHuk.exe file simply replaces the one that was installed when you install Links. It is actually a "NO CD" patch that allows you to run Links without needing to insert the factory disc. DO NOT double-click on it. Just remove the original RuKsHuk.exe file and replace it with the cracked one.

Dan :cheers1:
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

You can get the correct RuKsHuK file here, zipped:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tyajq2nge0ofz ... 2.zip?dl=0

Rename the original one that's in your /Links 2003/ folder ("orig RuKsHuK.exe"). Then unzip it and put the file inside into your /Links 2003/ folder.

Pete
GoBucks

Post by GoBucks »

Valid point, Danny. Especially since the patches are ,exe also. But what happens if you double-click rukshuk?
No matter where you go, there you are.
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

GoBucks wrote: April 26th, 2023, 3:45 pm Valid point, Danny. Especially since the patches are ,exe also. But what happens if you double-click rukshuk?
I don't think it will try to install anything, but the fact that it doesn't might mislead someone into thinking it's a bad file. :unsure:
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
Boot

Post by Boot »

morvio100 wrote: April 25th, 2023, 1:12 pm Quick question Dannyboy...what's listed in the performance folder in your reg...you said you have it up and running on Win 11? am I correct ?
He has never said this. He was going to do it but has provided no further update.
Boot

Post by Boot »

Adelade wrote: April 22nd, 2023, 7:34 am
I will be leaving now, never coming back.
We all totally believe this :laugh:
I'm back as my mail is filling up with patch requests. How can this be when there are no problems? :dunno: :rofl:

I will state this again. The patch is not mine. It is not mine to distribute. The creator of the patch does not wish me to distribute it. I mention the patch as clearly someone created a patch for something. The normal reason for patch creation is to fix something.
Please do not ask for it as I will not be passing it on to others. It is not mine to pass around.

Adelade, just for your information and the other two, you do realize I never asked for help? I didn't ask for you to quiz me on what I was doing? I know how to set up Links correctly. I was passing on information. You then all call me a troll because I didn't wish to respond to your drilling of things that I never requested.

I see you are all out of ideas in this thread and there is no solution yet as per the other similar cases. I'll check back every few months to see how long before it sinks in. I certainly don't expect an apology when it does. :laugh: