Corrupt?

Having hardware or software problems related to Links? Other forum members may be able to help you here.
penguin44

Corrupt?

Post by penguin44 »

Hey everyone, been playing this forever never an issue. All of a sudden my system just rebooted out of the blue. Logged back into links and my courses are still there and my saved shots but my career is gone as is my player. I have the files backed up but even then it's not seeing them at all. Any suggestions?
Adelade

Re: Corrupt?

Post by Adelade »

Did you change anything about hardware or operating system? Like, upgrading one of the computer's parts or to windows 11 for example? Are there any problems shown in Device Manager (for example a warning symbol for any disc drives). Otherwise no clue, seems odd, maybe corrupt files yeah... Were the backup files copied from a state much earlier? Also, you say you have the files backed up, but there are player and career files in two different locations usually, have you checked both? - I think player files are often in C:\ProgramData\Links 2003\Players and career files in C:\Users\[username]\Documents\Links 2003\Career

If it was me, I would try running Links both with and without administrator. I dont really think it would help but just in case.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
penguin44

Post by penguin44 »

Wow thank you for the fast reply! No changes. I was literally in the middle of a shot, it froze. System restarted itself and poof.

I do see the player files and last saved game etc and I see the career file as well. Not sure why links won't pick it up all of a sudden. I will try and see what I can do. Thanks for the help and I'll keep you posted
penguin44

Post by penguin44 »

It is super odd. Files are there, links says they aren't but when I go to create a player with my name it says there is already one! OMG. I really hope I don't have to redo everything.
GoBucks

Post by GoBucks »

How old is your system, and is a desktop or laptop?
No matter where you go, there you are.