Headset

Having hardware or software problems related to Links? Other forum members may be able to help you here.
Boot

Re: Headset

Post by Boot »

It really is The Twilight Zone. Everything is explained in the link I provided from this site written by a member from this site. :wallbash:
Danny D, I'm no computer expert but once something is installed, it is installed. It does not require an empty drive to start. A USB device also does not use a drive so you cannot fill up drives no matter how many USB devices you install.
Boot

Post by Boot »

Daniel wrote: February 17th, 2023, 11:12 pm Not sure what you are going on about Boots with USB Ports.
Just saying in this case it all boils down to the Headset mentioned above. And I might add no matter what I tried Links would not work with this headset plugged in.But using the same port using his old headset it works fine.
Everything is explained in the thread I linked. It clearly says the prime suspects for the USB problem are headsets and audio devices. The thread then also lists a few specific problem headset models. That's what you have. One of the problem headset models/audio devices. It's all right there and explained. Your other headset works fine because it is not a problem model. It has nothing to do with used up drive letters because in that case neither of your headsets would work.

I can see how hard it is to get something through to people here that is on this very site. I can understand why it has been impossible to explain things that came from another site. I'm called a troll and a thread is locked in which I am passing on information which clearly is as accurate for Windows 11 computers as the linked thread here is for information on USB devices. People just aren't taking anything in because they are too busy throwing out abuse and accusations with absolutely no understanding of anything themselves. It's not difficult to prove me wrong. Someone show me your screenshot of Links that looks the same as mine on Windows 11. No one will because it is not possible. It's not possible because Links does not work as well on Windows 11. If you have all the latest components, AMD components may be an exception, Links does not work at all. It's no more difficult to understand than this USB problem. :dunno:
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

When asked for information, you avoided providing it and prolonged the thread ad nauseum without really saying anything. Pretty much what a troll does. Bye!
Boot

Post by Boot »

pmgolf wrote: February 18th, 2023, 2:41 am When asked for information, you avoided providing it and prolonged the thread ad nauseum without really saying anything. Pretty much what a troll does. Bye!
Twilight Zone. Irrelevant information that clearly no one here would know what to do with? What is wrong with you people? Admin can kill my account. I'll tell you one thing, if I ever find out how Links can be fixed on Windows 11, the first thing I will do is keep it to myself. :thumbup:
Boot

Post by Boot »

Boot wrote: February 18th, 2023, 4:31 am I'll tell you one thing, if I ever find out how Links can be fixed on Windows 11, the first thing I will do is keep it to myself. :thumbup:
That was fast. Clearly there are people who are well aware of the hostility here and read these forums. I've just been passed on the link to the exe to make Links work under Windows 11. I've been asked not to share and I'll certainly comply. Bye, I have Windows 11 to reinstall. What a crazy world the internet is.
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Boot wrote: February 18th, 2023, 4:48 amThat was fast. Clearly there are people who are well aware of the hostility here and read these forums. I've just been passed on the link to the exe to make Links work under Windows 11. I've been asked not to share and I'll certainly comply. Bye, I have Windows 11 to reinstall. What a crazy world the internet is.
Nice try. The exe you mentioned initially, you said, was for enabling the game to run at all. Now you've switched it to making it out that the exe is for fixing the sharpness. You're just trying to pretend to be relevant. And it is so obvious who you are.

Also, your annoyance over people "acting like experts" is so silly - there are no self-proclaimed experts here. We all occasionally share our views on problems that people bring up because there is no expert around and its the best they're going to get. A lot of the time it is good enough to provide solutions. Funny how you tried to act the expert in this thread yourself, thinking you solved something, when all you managed was to insult people and poison the thread.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
Boot

Post by Boot »

Adelade wrote: February 18th, 2023, 7:03 am
Boot wrote: February 18th, 2023, 4:48 amThat was fast. Clearly there are people who are well aware of the hostility here and read these forums. I've just been passed on the link to the exe to make Links work under Windows 11. I've been asked not to share and I'll certainly comply. Bye, I have Windows 11 to reinstall. What a crazy world the internet is.
Nice try. The exe you mentioned initially, you said, was for enabling the game to run at all. Now you've switched it to making it out that the exe is for fixing the sharpness. You're just trying to pretend to be relevant. And it is so obvious who you are.

Also, your annoyance over people "acting like experts" is so silly - there are no self-proclaimed experts here. We all occasionally share our views on problems that people bring up because there is no expert around and its the best they're going to get. A lot of the time it is good enough to provide solutions. Funny how you tried to act the expert in this thread yourself, thinking you solved something, when all you managed was to insult people and poison the thread.
You are the strangest and most paranoid person I've ever come across online. Yes, I am ...., you caught me out. Can you tell me why does my name not show properly as I am baffled? Yes, I poisoned the thread with correct information. The exe is to fix Windows 11 problems. Sharpness is a Windows 11 problem, running the game is a Windows 11 problem, call me slow but I'm guessing it will fix both. I'm outta here. Got my game working and really couldn't care less what happens to anyone else here. You're all beyond help.
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

( Someone show me your screenshot of Links that looks the same as mine on Windows 11. No one will because it is not possible. It's not possible because Links does not work as well on Windows 11. If you have all the latest components, AMD components may be an exception, Links does not work at all. It's no more difficult to understand than this USB)

Here is my screenshot Boots I am using Windows 11 Pro, build 22H2 the latest build, Intel processor and Nvidia graphics, I would say it looks pretty good to me,seeing that it should not be working at all correctly on Windows 11,according to your post
screen0001.jpg
screen0001.jpg (222.86 KiB) Viewed 2286 times
GoBucks

Post by GoBucks »

Boot wrote: February 18th, 2023, 7:35 am call me slow
I thought you already left ?

Daniel, that screenshot won't work. If he makes another post, he'll say that it's not the same course,

I'll buy me a beer if I'm right.
No matter where you go, there you are.