Tobacco Road Golf Course

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
sagevanni

Re: Tobacco Road Golf Course

Post by sagevanni »

Hi Adelade,
As you are aware, as long as you make changes to any of my courses for a new release all I ask is to be informed. Otherwise have at it. I will take into account all issues and make some changes for a "fix" release in the near future.

I used the raw data from Linksters DEM as it is for the greens, I didn't change anything.

Sage........ :cheers1:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
GoBucks

Post by GoBucks »

Adelade wrote: August 5th, 2023, 8:17 am Played the round, enjoyed it, I have no thoughts on what must be changed or fixed, thats up to you. I didnt find anything else. The course unfortunately doesnt put up much challenge in Links, at least not on champ classic. I picked the toughest pins I could find on fair slopes and still equalled my all time record score relative to par despite being very out of practice.
I'd be interested to see how you'd score in pmgolf's World Tour event. Why not give it a try?

Sage, played 4 rounds in above stated event. Love the course! pmgolf's setup is not over the top, but presents enough of a challenge without the course being long.

Well done, sir!
No matter where you go, there you are.
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

Thanks Bucks........

Sage....... :cheers1:
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

GoBucks wrote: August 5th, 2023, 1:14 pm I'd be interested to see how you'd score in pmgolf's World Tour event. Why not give it a try?
Back when pmgolf first said he was making a setup for this course I actually did strongly consider participating in order to test the course there, but Im just not a fan of playing 4 rounds on the same course within a week, especially when Im barely playing at all lately, so I decided to make my own setup.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
GoBucks

Post by GoBucks »

Adelade wrote: August 5th, 2023, 3:32 pm
GoBucks wrote: August 5th, 2023, 1:14 pm I'd be interested to see how you'd score in pmgolf's World Tour event. Why not give it a try?
Back when pmgolf first said he was making a setup for this course I actually did strongly consider participating in order to test the course there, but Im just not a fan of playing 4 rounds on the same course within a week, especially when Im barely playing at all lately, so I decided to make my own setup.
That's fair. I certainly wasn't calling you out. I hope you didn't take it that way.
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Nah I appreciate it. Im not a big fan of the concept of handicap tournaments either, but the few times I did play on World or EU Tour I liked having an imaginary competition in raw score vs you and the other guys who (at least often and sort of) scored in the same ballpark as me. I may yet return for some tourneys here and there some day.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
Big Sexy JC

Post by Big Sexy JC »

Sage,

I just got around to playing Tobacco Road for the first time. Holy crap man. You did an unbelievable job on this. As I stated, I was just at this course and I'm blown away at how much your version looks like the real thing. This was an absolute joy to play. One of the better renditions of a real course in my opinion. I mean maybe a couple of Robert Miller's masterpieces keep you off the top of the list, but definitely top 3-5. Great work.
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

Thanks JC........... :smile:

I hope Sequoia turns out as nice............Having fun with it right now.

Sage...... :cheers1:
dgrobo2000

Post by dgrobo2000 »

I enjoyed the design and challenge of Tobacco Road G.C.. The only issue I found with this spectacular design was the flatness of the back tees.
GoBucks

Post by GoBucks »

dgrobo2000 wrote: October 7th, 2023, 2:59 pm The only issue I found with this spectacular design was the flatness of the back tees.
???