Links no good on Win 11

Welcome to Links Corner, this Forum is to say Hello and have a General Chat about Golf/Links related subjects.
morvio100

Re: Links no good on Win 11

Post by morvio100 »

just curious...."16x texture filtering applied....or 16 x anti-aliasing...looks like your win 10 pic has 16 x anti=aliasing
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Boot wrote: February 11th, 2023, 12:54 pm I'm over the entire experience here. I've given you all the information I know.
Yeah we've heard that one before.
Boot wrote: February 11th, 2023, 12:51 pmUsers of new computers will have far greater problems than just trying to get the game to look nice as threads here have already shown but it appears only I can read them. :whistle:
You talking about ability to read.... :rofl:

Listen, I've never had a problem with you trying to discuss that extra little bit of sharpness in the look, go ahead all you want (though why do you never post your full specs and settings nor any full screenshot rather than cropped ones?) - But I thought you'd finally given up on your baseless "Links cant be run on win 11 + modern hardware" after your continued failure to acknowledge that you cant provide a single convincing example AND your continued straight up denial that we in fact do have a person who can run the game fine with the OS and hardware you defined yourself as the issue. But now you try bring that up again??? :laugh: You're such a troll.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

I've read this thread from the beginning, and it's hard to believe a TROLL has stretched this out 7 pages! Wow! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Pete
tnbogeyman2

Post by tnbogeyman2 »

Links IS good on Windows 11. For over 12 yrs, I've played Links on the same ASUS laptop (Windows 10). I finally broke down and bought a new one (Lenovo Think Pad)l with Windows 11. Just a minor adjustment in the graphics setting, and it's got a beautiful full screen clear image. Swing meter is as smooth as silk. So apparently, whoever is complaining has not did any adjustments in the graphics setting.
GoBucks

Post by GoBucks »

tnbogeyman2 wrote: February 12th, 2023, 1:42 am Links IS good on Windows 11. For over 12 yrs, I've played Links on the same ASUS laptop (Windows 10). I finally broke down and bought a new one (Lenovo Think Pad)l with Windows 11. Just a minor adjustment in the graphics setting, and it's got a beautiful full screen clear image. Swing meter is as smooth as silk. So apparently, whoever is complaining has not did any adjustments in the graphics setting.
What generation cpu is it equipped with? That seems to be what this entire thread comes down to. Maybe, I lost track.
No matter where you go, there you are.
GoBucks

Post by GoBucks »

Adelade wrote: February 11th, 2023, 7:20 pm
(though why do you never post your full specs and settings nor any full screenshot rather than cropped ones?)
Good point!
No matter where you go, there you are.
Boot

Post by Boot »

GoBucks wrote: February 12th, 2023, 2:18 pm
Adelade wrote: February 11th, 2023, 7:20 pm
(though why do you never post your full specs and settings nor any full screenshot rather than cropped ones?)
Good point!
What difference do my specs make? It's not a new computer so the specs mean nothing.
I crop them so you will believe there is a New World Order, Covid was a hoax and a complete global population reset is coming.
I might also crop them so you can see the important parts.
Ridiculous.
tnbogeyman2 wrote: February 12th, 2023, 1:42 am Links IS good on Windows 11. For over 12 yrs, I've played Links on the same ASUS laptop (Windows 10). I finally broke down and bought a new one (Lenovo Think Pad)l with Windows 11. Just a minor adjustment in the graphics setting, and it's got a beautiful full screen clear image. Swing meter is as smooth as silk. So apparently, whoever is complaining has not did any adjustments in the graphics setting.
Why not post a screenshot of the same course and hole I and Chad did so we can see?
Did you get any AMD components?
I know yours will not look like mine if you are on Windows 11.
I think you can see I have adjusted my graphics settings because Links doesn't look like my screenshot default and it doesn't look like that when you put it on Windows 11.
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

You've drawn this out 7 pages now. I think that's enough. Goodbye, Mr. troll!