COURSES i WOULD LIKE TO SEE

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
sagevanni

Re: COURSES i WOULD LIKE TO SEE

Post by sagevanni »

Hi Pete,

Are you finishing it up or are you finishing up your part and handing it back to me......either way is cool with me.....

Sage...... :smile: :clapping:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

Finishing it up, Sage. The Tee distances didn't agree with the online scorecard and I took care of a couple of concerns voiced by Adelade. I figured you were already busy enough with your requests!

Pete
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

That's awesome Pete....!!!!!! Lemme know if there is anything you want me to do......

Sage.... :smile:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
milwsteve

Post by milwsteve »

Missouri Bluffs Golf Club in St Charles,Mo Mississippi Dunes Golf Links Cottage Grove,Mn Sherwood Country Club Thousand Oaks,Ca,Wolf Creek Mesquite,Nv,Little Falls Country Club, Lake City Country Club would love to see all these courses done for Links 2003
Last edited by milwsteve on June 10th, 2020, 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Duglis

Post by Duglis »

I have

Course Name:Winged Foot West 2006 Tour
Course ID:0412de6daa3b478ebdf178f6be826a3d
Course Key:ee6986d4e66b13328636b6658ee24fdd

I don't know where I got it from, but I have Winged Foot West.

??

Doug
woody4077

Post by woody4077 »

Duglis wrote: June 8th, 2020, 1:45 am I have

Course Name:Winged Foot West 2006 Tour
Course ID:0412de6daa3b478ebdf178f6be826a3d
Course Key:ee6986d4e66b13328636b6658ee24fdd

I don't know where I got it from, but I have Winged Foot West.

??

Doug
UPLOAD IT ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!
Duglis

Post by Duglis »

winged foot thread continued in viewtopic.php?f=6&t=545
AJ Allen

Kingston Heath

Post by AJ Allen »

I reckon this one would be a great course to have in Links. https://www.pgatour.com/tournaments/wor ... -hole.html Surprised nobody has done it yet... though I see an old post from last year where somebody mentioned it in passing.

Seriously considering whether I could do it justice, I already have a lot of the Aussie type plants and trees, and some decent textures that would work well with it. But, 128 bunkers on the course, and they aren't simple oval type ones either, very linksy style ones. Clubhouse area looks like it would take a lot of work too. :unsure:

Cheers, AJ
Adelade

Re: Kingston Heath

Post by Adelade »

AJ Allen wrote: June 8th, 2020, 12:05 pmSurprised nobody has done it yet...
Its because its not a US course :tongue:
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
gene_golf

Post by gene_golf »

milwsteve wrote: June 7th, 2020, 10:08 pm Missouri Bluffs Golf Club in St Charles,Mo Mississippi Dunes Golf Links Cottage Grove,Mn Sherwood Country Club Thousand Oaks,Ca,Wolf Creek Mesquite,Nv
Sherwood I know of by Nicklaus game, maybe TW game and seeing Norman and TW shootouts played there on tv as well as recent senior tournaments, also Wolf Creek by being in TW game. The other courses that you listed are unknowns other than to yourself, I would bet. Recently you mentioned Dakota Dunes, a Palmer design and it does look interesting since has features of Sand Hills and several highly acclaimed courses out in Oregon, such as Bandon Dunes. But Dakota Dunes has those features, but with water hazards added plus the Palmer name attached to it and his course design team still is carrying on following his passing that I see. Some courses that you know about such as Meadowlark are essentially muni type courses. The only real hazards on that course were the tree lined fairways where Sage deferred to John Brooks to add those as most all Sage's courses done so far do not have trees encroaching in making for narrow fairways. Another poster added that greenside bunkers were not really near greens at all. Muni courses are typically short and devoid of a lot of hazards making for cheap upkeep and a golfer getting in a quick round boasting of shooting a low score, albeit on an easy course. Arsenal Island that you have promoted is only interesting in that the course was on an island in the Mississippi River and a pano cannot do justice to what ambiance was of being on course site, but real length was shortish and even if fictional length added as another poster noted that the course with lack of hazards looked to still fit the muni description otherwise. By pictures you showed some holes had tree lined fairways, while others looked to be out in the open on hillside slopes.

Going by best courses in USA Golf Digest latest list at #24 Los Angeles CC North that recently hosted Walker Cup and about that time Hugh Hefner had his playboy mansion next to one hole of the course died that can recall, also it will host 2023 US Open so for soon hosting a major might be more interesting to see in a Links design IMHO of course.