TPC Deere Run tee positions and some other things

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
braden1308

TPC Deere Run tee positions and some other things

Post by braden1308 »

I've got a update that's getting close for beta. A couple of weeks I think. Anyway I can't decide if I should add just 4 tee's per hole as they play for the tournament or just add the tee's per the scorecard. If you play by the scorecard the course plays at 7066 yards from the tips and if you go by the tournament tee's the course plays around 7306 yards. So if you have any thoughts on placing the tee's please add your comments.

The update will include seam blending, new textures, new planting as well as a few other things.

Jimbo there is no clubhouse because you never really see it from the course.

I was almost ready to start planting on Fox Chapel Golf Club when they decided to return the course to the original Seth Raynor design from 1925 so that has been put on hold until I can get the info I need for the changes.

I have also done some work on TPC Scottsdale and I am hoping to have that done later this year, early next year, depends on my free time.
Jimbo

Re: TPC Deere Run tee positions and some other things

Post by Jimbo »

No problemo Mr. B...the Nit-Picker can work "barefoot"! :rofl:
bear2016

Post by bear2016 »

Cant wait to see tpc deere run. i might be playing it later this year on a guys trip to the quad cities
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

If you dont want to make two versions, wouldnt 4 sets of tees based on the ordinary scorecard and one set of tees to match an average day of tournament play make for a nice compromise? I dont know if the course par matches up, but as a TPC course, it would be a shame not to have any tournament tees I would think?
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
braden1308

Post by braden1308 »

I have the course yardage set as it would play in the tournament, I could release two versions, one that would play as a tournament version with all the bells and whistles and one for a relaxing round. If I do it that way the first course could be tested before I go ahead and start a tournament version.