The Stadium Course - TPC Sawgrass - Tournament Edition

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Pete

The Stadium Course - TPC Sawgrass - Tournament Edition

Post by Pete »

Much enjoying Sage Sawgrass Version
alphington

Re: The Stadium Course - TPC Sawgrass - Tournament Edition

Post by alphington »

How does it compare to the Jones update of the Bessermann version?
Pete

Post by Pete »

Think i like it a bit better
braden1308

Post by braden1308 »

Paul Seaman and I have a version of Sawgrass that we started on about 10 years ago. Paul was going to build the clubhouse but that was right around the time he walked away from the game. It's on a 2m dem and I added the real greens from strakaline, perhaps one day I will finish it. Some of the greens look like they might be extremely difficult and I wasn't sure how they would be in game.
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

braden1308 wrote: March 12th, 2021, 1:01 pmSome of the greens look like they might be extremely difficult and I wasn't sure how they would be in game.
As long as there are pins in the realistic spots, any straka green will be fine in game :thumbup:

I looked at both Sage's version and Steyn's last update of the Besserman/Jones version and I thought they both looked pretty good at first glance, but I slightly preferred the textures of the latter one so I've been going with that one personally. I've tried to get in touch with Steyn to see if he would approve of me updating the pins and possibly greens as well, but I havent found him anywhere. If ever I do and go ahead with an update, I'll have to ask you Glenn if you're down to share the green info, in case you dont think you'll finish your own version anyway.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
Weeler

Post by Weeler »

I prefer Sage's version as well. But, I'm probably a bit partial because I did beta testing and offered up comments on several of his courses prior to
his releasing them. I think the image of the clubhouse is more accurate and clearer than the Besserman version. Also, the planting and overall look
come across better to me. As a Links player.....you probably can't go wrong with either of them. Very nice work.
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

braden1308 wrote: March 12th, 2021, 1:01 pm Paul Seaman and I have a version of Sawgrass that we started on about 10 years ago. Paul was going to build the clubhouse but that was right around the time he walked away from the game. It's on a 2m dem and I added the real greens from strakaline, perhaps one day I will finish it. Some of the greens look like they might be extremely difficult and I wasn't sure how they would be in game.
It's a real shame to see a version of Sawgrass go unused simply because there is no clubhouse - given the fact that you don't really do anything with the clubhouse. Suggestion: How about posting what you've got as a Beta and let us look at it and discuss it! I'd love to see Sawgrass with Strakaline greens!

Pete
braden1308

Post by braden1308 »

I'll have to get it out and take a look, I don't remember what all was done with it. I know there is no planting.
alphington

Post by alphington »

Weeler wrote: March 12th, 2021, 7:09 pm I prefer Sage's version as well. .....Very nice work.
As a new(ish) player I've been guided by course reviews and helpful comments on here as to good quality courses to try and with good results. Sage seems to have produced a lot of work more recently that doesn't figure in any/many reviews as such. Do you recommend certain Sage courses over others or are all worth a look?

Thanks!
Pete

Post by Pete »

Sage is great, i like real courses & he's done some great ones, but he does good fictitious as well