The Stadium Course - TPC Sawgrass - Tournament Edition

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Weeler

Re: The Stadium Course - TPC Sawgrass - Tournament Edition

Post by Weeler »

alphington: I guess I'm not really sure I should voice my opinion on Sage's courses, but I'll mention a few here. Several of them have screenshots that you can peruse to get an idea, and if you see something you like it's probably best to download and play it , which can of course make a big difference.
My favorite REAL courses that he's done are:
Cypress Point
TPC Sawgrass
Bandon Dunes
The National - (Old Course)

All of them showcase his talent with the APCD. In fact, I think these 4 are some of his best work overall. I'm a "stickler" for a course that looks and
plays as "realistically" as possible. Subtle details , believable colors and textures. Also gameplay as well. Getting out of rough or traps, course routings on "fictional" designs, etc.

Some of his fictional designs that are my favorites are:
Riverwinds
Cumberland Woods
Five Lakes
Birchwood Hills
Lakes Course at Pine Ridge

I hope this helps a little. Now that I've posted this, I'm sure that other Linksters may share their favorites as well. One sure thing is....Sage will probably get an "upsurge" of his courses being downloaded....which he'll be happy about.

Weeler
alphington

Post by alphington »

Thanks Weeler, this helps a lot - with over a hundred courses on offer from Sage, it's great to have some signposts! Although as you say, the screenshots where available can be a help. I also like the realistic feel so I'm confident your recommendations will be ones I like too. Thanks again.
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

I want to thank everyone for the kind words on my courses.....THANK YOU.....!!!!

Weeler........a special thanks to you.....

Sage..... :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
Pete

Post by Pete »

Alphington-Chambers Bay & Chicago GC are 2 more you should look at
alphington

Post by alphington »

Thanks Pete, will do!
Appreciate your help on this.
alphington

Post by alphington »

I have been looking through Adelade's very helpful post:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5

where he lists post-2013 courses that might rank highly in previous review schemes that finished in 2013 and among them are the following Sage Vanni courses:

Cypress Point Club
The Links at Rolling Hills (fictional)
Kohanaiki Golf Club
The Point (fictional)
Valley Pines Golf Club (fictional)
The National-Old Course 2021
Old Head Golf Links HD
Blue Waters Golf Club (fictional)
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Its all very subjective of course, based on what type of courses one likes :tiphat: I like courses whose layouts are challenging and realistic at the same time, and preferably not too straight-forwards, I also favor ones with hole previews and screenshots, with pins fit for challenging green conditions. If your preferences are different, my list wont do justice for you, so try to give as many other courses as possible a chance too :thumbup:

P.S. I do remember Bandon Dunes was extremely worth seeing for the visuals alone, really beautiful, I just couldnt stay awake while playing it and wondered how such an unengaging and unchallenging course could have become so famous :tomato:
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...