Royal St George's Beta

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
MrMoggie

Royal St George's Beta

Post by MrMoggie »

John - haven't played it yet but skipped through some views in practice mode.

Pano looks spot on and I love the way you've add The Lodge at the adjoining Prince's club at the back of the 13th green.

Played Prince's many times but sadly not St George's

I have a ticket for the first day in July (if they let anyone in to watch ...)

Like the addition of rough grass

Steve
brooks2345

Re: Royal St George's Beta

Post by brooks2345 »

Cheers and thanks

Have made some changes from the old version:-

1. Replaced rough drawings of Clubhouse and Princes Lodges with 2D camera shots
2. Sand to left of 5th hole
3. 2 bunkers to left of 17th green are now a swale.
4. New pano.
5. Grasses.

John Brooks :smile:
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Apart from the tee texture (that seems a bit too yellow and saturated to fit with the other ones), I really like the choice of textures :thumbup:

(While Im posting anyway, I'd point out that I find the sharp edge lines on many of the texture borders pretty distracting, but I know you dont like spending too much time per course and it might take a while to clean up all of them.)
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
Pete

Post by Pete »

Layout looks great, crease front of 10th green, very steep slope front left of 14th green, 0 pin on 15 pretty impossible, 0 pin on 18 pretty difficult too, 1 pin on 15 many slopes around hole, will be checking other pin placements but as i said the layout looks great John
Attachments
screen0021.jpg
screen0021.jpg (1.66 MiB) Viewed 3773 times
screen0020.jpg
screen0020.jpg (1.85 MiB) Viewed 3773 times
ChuckH

Post by ChuckH »

OK, I haven't got too much to do this morning so I'm going to offer an opinion. Well, more of a wish maybe but first I have to back up a little. I grew up as a kid in the '60s playing golf on over watered over manicured municipal golf courses in the USA. My first experience with links style courses was watching what was then the British Open on tv either early in the morning or a rerun later in the day. As a kid, I was shocked with what I saw. I saw rough that seemed like hay knee high. Wild gorse bushes impossible to get out of. And bunkers that looked like they were bomb holes. The fairways were often so dry, brown and hard that a drive would seem to run out a hundred yards. It took me a while to appreciate a links style course. And the wind!
OK, back to John's course. John's course is great, really. I'm not into nit picking courses to death as long as it plays well and John's course seem to always play well. His "impression" style is usually minimalistic but fun and this one is no exception. It will be fun to play along with it at this years Open championship. Which brings me to my wish. I wish that John would make a Tournament impression of this course. I'd like to see crowds, stands, tourney objects, etc. but especially a different texture set that would reflect summer conditions. Long brown hay, brown dried hard as a rock fairways, etc. Maybe a 3D clubhouse.
Anyway, that's my wish. Either way, thanks for this course, John.
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

John,

Damn fine job my Friend...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sage..... :clapping: :clapping:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
brooks2345

Post by brooks2345 »

Hi Guys

Thanks for comments - will try to take them all into account for final. Still waiting for Jimbo's nit-pick!

Cheers

John Brooks :smile:
Pete

Post by Pete »

Totally agree with Sage, played all pin positions & apart from ones already mentioned rest seem ok, can't wait for final, a pleasure to play
Pete

Post by Pete »

3 pin on 14 very questionable steep slope must have lagged on first playing
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Bad news...but maybe good news...

I'm going to be away from home for a little while so the "Nit-Picker" position is open...but JB seldom needs to be nitted. :tongue:

And just because I cannot play
Doesn't mean I'm going away! :whistle: