Objects on course that are not in the Object Library

Share your designing tips with other Designer's. Find answers to your problems using the APCD.
sodbuster

Re: Objects on course that are not in the Object Library

Post by sodbuster »

Nope. I wanted to plant more of an object that was on the course but not in the Library, that is, it showed on the course but when clicked upon did not show up as an object in the object window. Remember, I started this course 5/6 years ago and since then have gone through at least one PC and at least one Windows version.
sodbuster

Post by sodbuster »

Derrick
Tried what you suggested. The corrupt objects where acting as you described and as I have seen in past experience. After checking objects as you suggested it was apparent that the library was utterly and irreparably damaged. Too many objects to delete one at a time. I have to start with a new clean library. However, there is a light on the horizon (hopefully not a light at the end of the tunnel :laugh: ). Per Danny D, I have another APCD.exe installed and an earlier saved course file loads without object anomalies. I may be saved the chore of starting all over with the planting. Fingers crossed. Thanks for the advice!
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Good to hear! Good luck :thumbup:
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
EJ55

Post by EJ55 »

@sodbuster.

You wouldn't have to replant the entire course but it might take a few days to straighten out the issue.

You'll need to reverse engineer and write down all your objects on the course.

Use a spare CRZ, in perspective view select one 2d object.

FWIW, Don't move in perspective view or you'll cause a crash at some point if 2D is turned on.
Turn off 2d if movement is needed.

In top view after checking the 'Box Select... Current Only' draw a box over the entire plot using the select icon Write down what object it is and delete.
Keep doing the same until all objects are noted and deleted.

Once that is complete....Mass select one object at a time on your 'working crz' and update 'currently selected images'

It will take some time but you'll have a fresh planting set and you can add and work with it at will.
sodbuster

Post by sodbuster »

Thanks for the advice EJ. I have it all sorted out now but I see what you are saying.
First off let me explain that the problem arose because I had started this course 5 plus years ago and then set it aside. Between that time and now I upgraded PC and then OS. After installing APCD on new PC/OS and loading this course I noticed that some planted objects on the course were not recognized when highlighted. Trying to address this problem I corrupted the object library.
To fix it what I did was follow Danny D's Designer Corner sticky viewtopic.php?f=7&t=138
Worked like a charm! Lost a couple days work. Eh...coulda been worse! :pcwhack: