Scioto Country Club

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Weeler

Scioto Country Club

Post by Weeler »

I've had this course in my collection for awhile, after playing it again today, I really noticed what a fabulous job was done with the APCD. This course
looks stunningly "real", with it's overall smoothness and well manicured fairways and greens. The entire course seems to have this "soft" , well-crafted
look to it. I've never seen the course IRL, but while playing the LINKS version, it seems like every tree placement and bunker are exactly the way they
should be ! Some of the large homes scattered throughout look so natural and classy as a backdrop as well.
The course was designed by Robert Moor, who also did Castle Stuart. Mr. Moor, are you a member of this new iteration of Links Corner? If so, I just
want to thank you for a superb job done. I hope that you may have more great "real" courses in mind sometime. Maybe some old classics similar to
Scioto, since you have a talent for that look.
I don't want any of you other great designers out there to think that your efforts go unnoticed, I appreciate everyone's work....because , even though I've done some "dabbling" on the APCD, I still think it's SO difficult to work with.
Adelade

Re: Scioto Country Club

Post by Adelade »

Couldnt agree more :thumbup: Just went through my Career Mode season finalé of a Major played on this course, and even though I already knew from before that this is such a magnificently crafted course, it still seems to strike me anew with marvel every new time I get around to this one. What I love most are the realistic, harmonious and expertly blended colours.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
chad

Post by chad »

I played 18 holes at Scioto this evening. What a great course! I played it once when it first came out...then let it got lost in the shuffle over the years. :thumbup:
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

I'd never played this one before, and it's a beauty. So tidy-looking, all those Linden trees, and hardly anything planted besides trees, and some flower beds and ornamental shrubs. Everything blends so well and is so easy on the eye, it sort of tricked me into feeling too calm because it certainly isn't a pushover.
BruMu

Post by BruMu »

This course is very well done. It gets regular playing time with me. A really great challenge and just a ton of fun to play.

IRL this course has hosted 5 Major Tournaments

1926 US Open
1931 Ryder Cup
1950 PGA Championship
1986 US Senior Open
2016 US Senior Open
These are the Good Ole Days, just wait and see.
migolfer

Post by migolfer »

Hmm, I seem to have overlooked downloading this one (there are so many in the course list!)
Will get it now, thank you for the recommendation!
:thumbup:

-dh
Weeler

Post by Weeler »

In a way, I was hoping that Mr. Moor would see this thread and let us know if he's still out there "Linksing" or not. And to maybe encourage him
to get back on the APCD and utilize his very evident talents and skills in creating some more "real" venues. Does anyone know his "logon" or whereabouts ?
mickydavies

Post by mickydavies »

Just played this course for the first time and what a beauty. No idea if the designer is still a member of this site but I just wanted to say a big Thank You! I, like a number of others keep trying to build a course using APCD - with little success so far - and I am constantly surprised at how well some designers are able to use the APCD program to produce these immaculate courses! I loved it!