Adjusting Tee-to-Green Yardages.

Share your designing tips with other Designer's. Find answers to your problems using the APCD.
braden1308

Re: Adjusting Tee-to-Green Yardages.

Post by braden1308 »

I'm not sure I grasp what you are getting at but the initial hole yardage from the scorecard very seldom matches the playing yardage. When I do the initial yardage from the actual course scorecard I get every hole laid out to the exact yardage from the scorecard. I don't bother with tees or pins until I have my blends done and then I plant my tee's and pins. The only thing I worry about when planting the tee's is making sure the are set to play at the standard yardage from the actual course scorecard although they never do.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

You're trying to sabotage the Nit Picker! :scared:
braden1308

Post by braden1308 »

Jimbo wrote: November 13th, 2020, 11:34 pm You're trying to sabotage the Nit Picker! :scared:
:whistle:
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

The way I see it, if you use a satellite overlay correctly with the correct scaling, dont do anything overly weird when defining hole paths and try your best to plant tees according to scorecard or other hole length official info, the hole will play as it plays in real life, which is the important thing at the end of the day. Pins are beside the point of that discussion, as you can encounter short or far pins in real life too that make the hole play somewhat shorter or longer than a real scorecard indicates (same as with tee positions by day), and as I've said before, the Scorecard within Links doesnt take anything about pins into account. But yes Jimbo, there can be up to 18 pins per hole and there is a setting for Ladies' handicaps (for holes) separate from Men's handicaps but I dont know if setting those differently actually changes anything, I havent tested it, I tend to skip setting Ladies handicaps and my guess is that even if you do set them to something different than the Men's handicap, they dont show up anywhere in the game, at least not on the Scorecard.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Thanks Adelaide-I've never seen more than 9 and when I looked at APCD for the first time I thought I was seeing double! :scared: :scared:
Thanks Adelaide-I've never seen more than 9 and when I looked at APCD for the first time I thought I was seeing double! :scared: :scared:

I'm just comparing the Links cards that I'm nit picking to the scorecard on the official Club website and suggesting that that serve as the "Tee to Centre" yardage then "play around" with the additional pin settings from there.

18??? Holy Crow!