Close House Colt Course

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Stephen Sullivan

Re: Close House Colt Course

Post by Stephen Sullivan »

It's taken ages to get the front 9 pinned. As I suspected the greens needed a lot of work before I could even think about planting pins :wallbash:
The greens seem huge until you look at planting pins in usable spots :naughty:
Stephen Sullivan

Finally uploaded this as a beta. It still needs hole previews which will help with some of the blind or semi-blind tee shots.
I've planted 18 pins per green, but only in certain areas on some of them as there are some tricky slopes to contend with.

Back to work from furlough on Tuesday, so the final release may take a little longer to work on :wallbash:
Pete

Post by Pete »

Thanks Stephen looking forward to it
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

Quick review. Love that course! Panorama is superb - view from 8, 11, 13 and 17 is excellent. Really goes with the course well. Many terrific holes - nice textures - good elevation changes - good variety in the holes. I liked Close House when I saw it on TV and I'm happy about the opportunity to play it. All in all, a wonderful job, Steve! I definitely want to use it for a tournament on the World Tour!

Pete
Stephen Sullivan

Cheers Pete's :thumbup:

The panorama is another superb job by Daniel.

Will be interested to here your opinion on the pins I have planted Pete, if you are thinking of using the final on your World Tour.
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

Your pins look fine, Steve. By the way, I've found that the most accurate reading of pins seems to be from 12 to 15 feet. I used to stand at the front of the green and test them, but it seems that not all pins can be read accurately from a distance.

Pete
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Things seem good to me on brief initial look, fine work. A bit of a shame I wont be able to use the furthest tees in Career Mode since custom tees dont work there and the other Ladies tees are short, but not a big deal with just 3 holes. One question - on Hole 11 it seemed like you can end up out of bounds even if hitting the very edge of the short grass (fringe) with your drive, is this as intended? Another (very minor) thought is that your bunker sand is quite white, I checked the old flyover you linked long ago again and see that the sand in the video appear more brown/orange or whatever to call it. Perhaps people like white sand in bunkers I dont know, and of course it is entirely up to you, but I bet the course could feel a bit more "English" with another shade. I could be wrong.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
Stephen Sullivan

Must have deleted one of the editing points and not noticed with the OB. Sorted that and amended a couple of other areas. Also used another "orange" sand from one of Lez's courses.