U.S. Amateur At Bandon Dunes

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
guitarget2019

U.S. Amateur At Bandon Dunes

Post by guitarget2019 »

Saw the highlights on YouTube from Bandon Dunes, as well as played along on Sage's excellent recreation. Must really be something, in real life. Couldn't believe the intensity of the winds on Friday. Surprised anyone could wear a hat. :laugh:

The Sunday fog was unreal. Can't imagine playing golf when you can't see 100 yards ahead of you. :scared:

D.W.
woody4077

Re: U.S. Amateur At Bandon Dunes

Post by woody4077 »

guitarget2019 wrote: August 19th, 2020, 1:08 am
The Sunday fog was unreal. Can't imagine playing golf when you can't see 100 yards ahead of you. :scared:

D.W.
you can't ....there have been numerous times where play on the pro golf tour(s) was either suspended or outright canceled due to fog
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

I recorded the Amateur and am watching it this week. Amazing course! And the Old MacDonald and the Sheep Ranch, too! Wish I lived closer to them.

Pete
rolle

Post by rolle »

The version here of Bandon Dunes is dated 2019-04-19

but I seem to have a version of the crz with added 4:th fix that is newer,

and that version doesn´t seem to be available ???
RTS Elite

Rounds played: 4536
Courses played: 798
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Indeed, I remember it was linked to by Sage on the forums as a small update fixing or adding some detail, forgot what. It was never uploaded to the course database.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

Thought I'd add that I'm working on a version called "Bandon Dunes GC Summer" where the pins have been redone and some more dried out textures. Coming soon.

Pete