Wow.

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
sagevanni

Re: Wow.

Post by sagevanni »

By then way, for those that are not aware, my courses are unlocked and free to change to your hearts desire. If you wanna add rudimentary hole previews......be my guest.....Simple ones don't take long....

Sage..... :smile:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
GoBucks

Post by GoBucks »

I've been playing Links for many years. I have never used the hole preview. To each his own, I guess.
No matter where you go, there you are.
billw

Post by billw »

On courses with no hole previews, I just open a small top cam. I can get the yardages I need from that. I can see the shape of the hole. It's small so I don't look at it during play. I use the closeup view for play versus the normal or panoramic. To me, the top cam serves the same purpose as a hole preview. I wouldn't skip over a course just because it didn't have hole previews. Maybe I'm wrong.

billw
Lez Marwick

Post by Lez Marwick »

I totally understand that lack of hole previews is probably a non-issue for most people, but I am 'old school' and always found the top cam too unrealistic to use and I also dislike the look of it. Of the 100's of courses that I downloaded in the past, I deleted every one of them that didn't have hole previews and I will probably continue to do so. As Sage has created so many of the courses that I've missed during my absense from Links Corner I just wanted to save myself a lot of wasted time as well as Andy's server costs by not downloading lots of courses I'm unlikely to play without updating them. I did check to see if the course I looked at was unlocked, because it was really nice and I had already had the idea of adding some hole previews to it for my own use if and when I start playing Links again, but the thought of having to do this for a 100 courses is too off-putting for me at present so I'm fine with give them all a miss for now. :tiphat:
my APCD designs - Ackerton Cross, Anakena Beach, Battley Peak, Elsham Woods, Fairview GC, Margaret's Bay, Masson Moor GC, Mowsbury Golf Club, The Dustin Trophy, Upham Hall Golf Club, Yarlswood Golf Club, Zeitsbergen
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

It makes no difference to me if anyone chooses not to play my courses because of no hole previews.

I'm not going to spend hours on hole previews when most people have said they don't use them.

Sage..... :smile:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

billw wrote: August 23rd, 2020, 1:46 pm On courses with no hole previews, I just open a small top cam. I can get the yardages I need from that. I can see the shape of the hole. It's small so I don't look at it during play.
I used to do that but never liked it and stopped bothering in the end. Just made the game less enjoyable for me with slightly longer rendering times, uglier interface and I found no way to not have the aiming marker show up in the top cam. I tried just "not looking at it" but didnt really work out, I still saw it subconsciously. Like GoBucks said, to each their own.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...