Old Head GC Sights - Coming this week

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
bear2016

Re: Old Head GC Sights - Coming this week

Post by bear2016 »

im looking forward to playing it tonight. What kind of wind conditions do you guys use for that course? Windy conditions.
ChuckH

Post by ChuckH »

Played two rounds. Excellent, excellent work on this course. Thanks for doing it, Pete.
Duglis

Post by Duglis »

Yes, great job everyone. It's so nice to have this beautiful course in the catalog/catalogue! :smile:
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Congrats Pete (and others involved) on completion :smile: I think another beta after your most recent changes would have caught a few minor issues but for the most part I dont think they affect gameplay, so good job on the very playable product :smile:
bear2016 wrote: August 4th, 2020, 1:25 am im looking forward to playing it tonight. What kind of wind conditions do you guys use for that course? Windy conditions.
I really like finding courses that are well suited for Windy and this is definitely one of them :thumbup: I dont know if we have similar taste of course, but the fairways are mostly very wide for example, and I think firm green settings suit this course nicely as well. If playing any tees other than the (furthest) Ladies without windy it's a very easy course.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
dgrobo2000

Post by dgrobo2000 »

I have downloaded and enjoyed a few rounds of Old Head. Although it is a great design of a spectacular golf course, I have found some small issues with the course. There is a large slope on the red tee of the 7th hole. The black tee on the 3rd hole is also not flat across the teeing ground. I was pleased to see a greater variety of pin placement on this design.👍
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

Tees noted, Dgrobo. Thanks!

Pete
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

I enjoyed playing this one, first time I've seen five par-5's and five par-3's, sort of like I was musing about elsewhere last week. Is that an aquafer running along some of the holes, or just a low wall?
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

There's a wall-protected walkway crossing the island to allow people some protection from golf balls. :smile:

Pete