Cliffside Golf Club

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
FOOOOORE!

Cliffside Golf Club

Post by FOOOOORE! »

Very nice course, Sage. I've only played 5 or 6 holes so far, but I like the layout, the fairways are a real treat. I have learned to beware the large tree looming to the left or right just off the tee (5th hole, for example), usually blocking what would otherwise be a lovely shortcut to the green; it seems to be something you put into nearly every course now :laugh:
Last edited by FOOOOORE! on July 11th, 2020, 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
sagevanni

Re: Cliffside Golf Club

Post by sagevanni »

Thanks Foooooooore......I do my best.....

Sage..... :smile:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

I looked at it yesterday and I like where you're going with the elevations :thumbup: I didnt look at all the greens, and one of them I would have trouble finding pins that I like for, but a few of the greens I saw were VERY worth seeing (like the biarritz one for example) - wonderful! :smile: If there were hole previews I would definitely full round play it but its ok - I barely play Links other than practice mode lately and I always enjoy checking out courses that way.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

Thanks Adelade........

Sage..... :smile:
Weeler

Post by Weeler »

I enjoyed my first round at "Cliffside" today. Although after playing the front 9 I'm thinking..."Why did he name this course Cliffside ?" Up till now I'm thinking that maybe "Bridge"water would've been more appropriate given the number of bridges criss-crossing the layout. But then, of course, when I got to holes 11 and 12, I saw the namesake cliff. Even though this course is a fictional design, it plays much like a real course. ( As do several of Sage's courses, though ). This time around I was impressed with the "2 tiered" and "undulating" green surfaces that made some putts a real challenge!
Once again, one of Sage's courses makes it into many a Linkster's "Keeper" files I'm sure.
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

Hi Weeler,

Thank you so very much for a nice review........Glad you enjoy it....That is why I do this....this is my contribution to society. LOL......Again.....thank you.

Sage...... :smile: :smile: