Looking for alpha textures

Share your designing tips with other Designer's. Find answers to your problems using the APCD.
ewall

Looking for alpha textures

Post by ewall »

I'm trying to follow every single Lez Marwick video but now I'm stuck because my copy of APCD doesn't have alpha textures, or if it does I can't find them.Therefore I'm unable to seam blend. Also I don't have the full Photoshop program so I can't build an alpha as per Lez's instructions. Any ideas?
Danny D

Re: Looking for alpha textures

Post by Danny D »

ewall wrote: April 12th, 2020, 11:59 pm I'm trying to follow every single Lez Marwick video but now I'm stuck because my copy of APCD doesn't have alpha textures, or if it does I can't find them.Therefore I'm unable to seam blend. Also I don't have the full Photoshop program so I can't build an alpha as per Lez's instructions. Any ideas?
Hi ewall...

Here's a few alphas to help get you going.

Good luck,

Dan

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s9c7cpbw8vvpg ... s.zip?dl=0
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

You have some at viewtopic.php?f=16&t=76 , and there are lots of courses containing alphas that anyone is allowed to take from, such as Lez Marwick's courses for example.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
72Animal

Post by 72Animal »

Hi ewall, you could download a program like Photoshop that is free...it's called GIMP and it can do alphas. Little bit of a learning curve, as with any software.
ewall

Post by ewall »

Thank you all for the help.

Ed