Real Tournaments 2025

Discuss Golfer Animations, Clothing, Clubs, MOP's, Soundscripts, Seasons, Rosters and all Career Mode related plus any External Programs here.
Lord Hearteater

Real Tournaments 2025

Post by Lord Hearteater »

Work has begun on RT2025, using the bones of RT2020 as a starting point. I simply could not let the flawed RT2024 be my final work, and have yet to forgive myself for not editing the PGA Championship event. We are now at a point in course availability to where there's more venues than weeks in a 24-week season. Fortunately, a sense of drama and climax serve to be the limiting factors, and everything after the Open Championship is left out. Only the 3M Open appears, sitting in the Week 23 Pro slot below the British event. This season is thus one of two halves, with the first being the road to the Masters, now in Week 12. This sets up everything else rather neatly, once I move a total of 20 events around. There are additional California and Texas events in RT2025, thanks to a pair of recent course contributions from Sage.

All of the other accoutrements of my RT seasons are present, including a few "ultimate" events where a number of historic courses that hosted a tourney are available, but not the current one. The best example is the Old Houston Open, parked in the Week 12 Pro slot below the Augusta event. Historic and alternate tour events populate the Semi-pro, and the amateur level has not changed since 2010. Purse amounts will be taken from the PGA Tour website, but may be 2024 values; this is nothing new. When a deadline is involved, one must go with the best version/latest info available at the time. The Week 24 event is the Ryder Cup at Bethpage Black, in keeping with the RT series tradition that pre-dates the FedEx Cup Playoff.

Halloween release planned, as the RSM event in the Week 1 Pro slot is in November, with Kapalua above it. There's likely about 90 minutes of work to go.
ACES: far too many to list
ALBATROSSES: Atlantic Point (aced par4), Barton Creek 2003, Bay Hill (VGA), Bighorn (LS), Doonbeg, Firestone North,Tribute@Otsego, Torrey Pines (LS), TPCs Harding Park and Woodlands, St Andrews New
penguin44

Re: Real Tournaments 2025

Post by penguin44 »

:clapping:
dko

Post by dko »

It's probably explained somewhere, but where do you load the season and how do you play? Even if you consider 2024 a disaster, I'm very curious, and would like to at least try it out.
Doug
Andy
Site Admin

Post by Andy »

dko wrote: June 25th, 2024, 10:02 am It's probably explained somewhere, but where do you load the season and how do you play? Even if you consider 2024 a disaster, I'm very curious, and would like to at least try it out.
viewtopic.php?t=2085
dko

Post by dko »

Thanks Andy. I already found that download, but don't know where to put it in my Links folder or how to activate it.
Doug
Andy
Site Admin

Post by Andy »

dko wrote: June 26th, 2024, 10:46 pm Thanks Andy. I already found that download, but don't know where to put it in my Links folder or how to activate it.
I should have read your query more carefully! :wallbash: :rules:
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Season files (.SEA) should most likely (might depend on your operating system, version of Links and where you installed it) go directly into your Links 2003\CAREERMODE folder, wherever you decided to install Links. Then after you put them there, and restart the game, you should be able to find and edit them in Links > Options > Season Manager or select to play them in Career Mode.

I think roster files go in the same folder, but you have to start a new Career in order to utilize new rosters.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
dko

Post by dko »

THANK YOU, Adelade, and that's cool Andy. Given what you both give to this forum, I can be nothing but grateful for the help.
Doug
dko

Post by dko »

I assume the issues with the 2024 season keep me from being able to check it out. I couldn't download the Stone Canyon (2003) course because its download has been suspended, and there are probably other courses I need that are not in my current course file (I only have a limited number of actual PGA tournament courses at any time.) Guess I'll just wait for 2025 and see how it goes.
:dunno:

But I at least got his far....
Doug
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Hi Lord-just a couple of pre nit-picks...don't forget the Canadian Open (between the Charles Schwab and the Memorial). The course (TPC Toronto, formerly Osprey Valley...also in the Toronto area) is currently :not available-but there's still time... :naughty.

:oops: I promised not to say anything after "The Miracle of St. George's and Hamilton"...I'd better delete this part...

The Wells Fargo should be an invitational with the Myrtle Beach Classic as the "Regular" tournament. The Arnold Palmer should also be listed as an invitational with the Puerto Rico Open as the regular event. Likewise the Scottish Open has the Isco as the regular stop and the Open has the Barracuda.

You also might want to include Spyglass Hill for one round of the AT&T (the cut comes after Round 3) and Torrey Pines North for one round of the Farmers.

The RSM is an interesting case-should it be included as the current year's first tournament (instead of the Sentry) or as the last tournament of the previous season (to see if any new players get their cards)?

If you were to use the 36 week option to include the entire season and simply left open weeks at the end would it have an adverse effect?

Just wondering...