Arcadia Bluffs

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
sagevanni

Re: Arcadia Bluffs

Post by sagevanni »

Anyone want to do a simple 3D clubhouse for the course? :dunno:

Sage........ :cheers1:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

Hi everyone,
Here is my final "BETA" release. Get your issues addressed ASAP.
After I take care of any issues noted I would like to request pmgolf to do pin positions. Pete, I will send you a course with the green grid on it.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/sj4qehfl ... r8gxc&dl=0

Sage.......... :cheers1:
migolfer

Post by migolfer »

Downloading the BETA now, will take a look soonish...
Can't wait to try it, will bring back memories of when I played this course years ago.
migolfer

Post by migolfer »

You might want to label the course as "Arcadia Bluffs - The Bluffs Course" in contrast with their other one: "Arcadia Bluffs - The South Course". That way if someone else wants to do their other course, the naming would be distinguishable. The South course is very reminiscent of Chicago Golf Club and I seem to recall someone (plural) doing a fine job on that one: https://linkscorner.org/courses/course.php?crz=2679 :smile:

https://thefriedegg.com/arcadia-bluffs-south-review/
Last edited by migolfer on April 18th, 2024, 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
migolfer

Post by migolfer »

I'm not really sure how wind directions really works on Links 2003, but the round I started had the wind coming from the south, mostly. It should predominantly coming from Lake Michigan to the west. I had this in mind when playing #5 just now in Links - a hole which, in real life, is dramatically harder when the wind is blowing in the players face. I always remember my playing partner that day talking about a scratch golfer he knew that had played the course before we did and required 4 solid shots to reach the par 5: driver + 3-wood + 3-wood + 9-iron. Nasty winds come off that lake!

I'd recommend to anyone playing this course in Links should do it with "Windy" conditions.
migolfer

Post by migolfer »

Sent you some PMs about my experience playing the BETA. Some things you might want to fix, but I mostly want to say thank you for adding another Michigan golf course to the Links Corner collection, it's a great choice. This is a dream/bucket list golf course for most golfers in the State (incl. visitors). Your work on this is masterful, as usual.

* Long grass off the fairway has some plantings that the ball clunks and bounces off.
* There is grass in a bunker on #18 (left of fairway)

-dave
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

Hi migolfer,
I changed the name and fixed the wind direction. I toned down the grass density and dampening. I still want the grass to be somewhat unforgiving.

Sage....... :cheers1:
migolfer

Post by migolfer »

Cool, looking forward to the final.
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

migolfer wrote: April 18th, 2024, 7:02 pm* Long grass off the fairway has some plantings that the ball clunks and bounces off.
sagevanni wrote: April 19th, 2024, 2:00 pmI toned down the grass density and dampening. I still want the grass to be somewhat unforgiving.
I could be wrong (I havent tested the course), but it sounds like migolfer is saying that at least one grass object has steel bounces, which might indicate the object being corrupt or else not being set to All Pass Through and having the red-and-white collision box active. In that case, I dont believe adjusting the sliders will stop them from giving steel bounces. To fix it, one might need to figure out which exact object it is and perhaps even delete and replace those.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
linkster

Post by linkster »

Amazing work Sage! Your full time job must be the APCD! Incredible how fast you brought this course to life.

If you or anyone out there can find a free 3d model on the internet ( Wavefront .obj and UV textured) that would work for a club house I will look into converting it for the APCD. :naughty: