PGA West Stadium Course - REDO

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Jimbo

Re: PGA West Stadium Course - REDO

Post by Jimbo »

Guys, considering what it costs to live in those neighbourhoods Sexy might have a point! :clapping:
Weeler

Post by Weeler »

JC......is that a screenshot of you at the neighbor's home, trying to make a point about having nicer vehicles by "whacking" out a couple of tail lights ?
Rough neighborhood !! :rofl: :laugh:
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

Here is beta 3 for those interested. Unless some serious errors affecting play are found this will be the last beta. Have fun. :fear:

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/xvhbmkgd ... 0p636&dl=0

Sage....... :cheers1:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Lovely course. Was just about to conclude my beta testing and picking pins for my future full round without any spotted issues when I got a crash on 18th green (see first image below).

I can recreate the crash 100% of the time from the same exact angle even from different distances back or forward, but only when using a pin that happens to be directly in front of the camera... Like pin #0 in the image, or pin #17 which is behind it. I havent been able to recreate the issue while using pin #3 or #16, even when trying the same exact spot and angle as in the image, which is odd... A few times while testing around i got very long load screens where I thought it would crash but didnt, and once I got a very weird white screen that Ive never ever gotten on any course before (see second image), the weird thing is that the camera isnt turned towards the water that time, so that one might be a completely unrelated issue (it didnt cause a crash, rotating the camera solved it). Either way it seems like the game might possibly be a bit unstable on 18th green and therefore there might be several other angles that also causes crashes. I dont know but could it possibly have something to do with unflattened water or too many verts in the water?

PGAWestStadiumCrash.jpg
PGAWestStadiumCrash.jpg (351.74 KiB) Viewed 425 times
PGAWestStadiumWinter.jpg
PGAWestStadiumWinter.jpg (166.68 KiB) Viewed 425 times
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
Big Sexy JC

Post by Big Sexy JC »

Sage/Adelade,

I'm certainly not glad the course is crashing on 18, but I've played probably 20 rounds with 8 AI players each round and about 8 or 9 of the times Links has crashed on the 18th hole so it makes me feel a bit better that it's happening to Adelade because I thought it was unique to my setup.

I like to play with a top view, pin view and landing view mini camera on and each time I turned those off Links was able to finish the hole out without crashing. I'm not sure why those mini cams would cause an issue, but I'm now playing this course without them on and not having any further issues.
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

I'll check the verts in the water and go with as minimal as possible.

Sage........ :cheers1:
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

I can't make it crash on 18 no matter what I do.
See if this version makes a diff......... :dunno:

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/0lhliw4l ... 8bfir&dl=0

Sage....... :cheers1:
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Still getting same issues with Beta 4, but I dont think the problem is with the water anymore, I think the issue ought to be caused by something in the opposite direction.

It seems my earlier issue was because of the landing cam (and some other cameras have trouble too in the same spots), and I believe that is because they, at those times, would point in the opposite direction of the water, towards the houses. I found that I can get a different error message in some spots with the camera turned towards the houses, even without using any cameras besides the main cam (see image below), and note that the message is different than my earlier one. I opened the course in APCD and tried to look for anything within view in that direction, but I cant see anything that particularly sticks out...

However (and I feel stupid for not trying this before), I realized I can just click the "Continue" button when getting either of those two different error messages and then Im able to continue playing without a crash... I guess Im just used to certain other error messages within Links where I dont think that is possible to do, so I never even thought of trying it until now... It seems like the game might become a bit unstable and be likely to crash anyway shortly after continuing from these error messages (not entirely sure), but since it is the 18th green, the round is about to be over anyway, so even then it might be a bit of a non-issue.

PGAWestStadium3.jpg
PGAWestStadium3.jpg (364.96 KiB) Viewed 356 times
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

I sort of liked Adelaide's "snow scape". I think the Canadian Open has a new spot in the schedule! :clapping:
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

I can not make it crash on 18 so I can not work on a fix or solution.
Adelade, thanks for taking a look..... :smile:
Anyone else have any fixes or suggestions I will be glad to work with you to release a solution version......Or you can take the course and make the fix yourself and send the course to me and I will release your fix.

Sage...... :cheers1: