Occasional blue water

Having hardware or software problems related to Links? Other forum members may be able to help you here.
jahmanson

Occasional blue water

Post by jahmanson »

I have been playing around with settings of my graphics card and with the Voodoo 2 settings. Overall I see less "jaggies" now but in return I finding that water sometimes displays as plain sky blue colour rather than the normal reflections. This is intermittent but annoying, particularly where a large body of water is on view.

Can anyone shed some light on which setting I might have changed to cause this ? Before my changes water was displaying correctly all the time.

My graphics card is an Intel HD M4600 and I'm running under Windows 10. I am running Links 2003 at 1360 x 768 32bit resolution which is the max my monitor can handle.

Many thanks :smile:
ChuckH

Re: Occasional blue water

Post by ChuckH »

A stab in the dark.In Links graphics settings, if you have the graphics slider all the way to the left you will have no reflective water.
jahmanson

Post by jahmanson »

Thanks but my graphics settings for Links are on the max detail. Often water shows fine but sometimes I am getting a featurless (no reflections etc) sky blue fill. It's my fault for playing with the graphics settings I guess but the jagged edges of distant bunkers etc have been improved so I am trying to find out if I can have both nice water and no "jaggies" without upgrading my monitor / graphics card :smile:

Stepping back though, it is amazing that this 20+ year old software runs at all on my laptop which dates from 2018. Without the Voodoo facility it simply would not.
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

I'd be curious to see a screenshot of how it looks.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
jahmanson

Post by jahmanson »

I would be happy to post a screen shot. Could you remind me of the key sequence in Links 2003 to capture a screen please ?

Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Might be several ways to do it, I just use the Prt Scr key.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

I have to use the Ctrl + Prt Scr key.
Ian
Titus

Post by Titus »

Strg + F10