National Golf Links Final

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
braden1308

Re: National Golf Links Final

Post by braden1308 »

I will have a new final uploaded this afternoon. It was as simple as there being too many verts in the lake on #15. I had previously reduced the number of verts on all the ponds, and even the bay but I somehow missed the lake on #15. The course should good to go now. Thanks to Adelade for checking on the fix and for his and Ian's suggestions.
Glenn
Duglis

Post by Duglis »

GLENN, MY HERO! I had given up a year ago ever seeing this course! Thank you so very much to the bottom of my heart. I have not been well this last year with various issues, but am fully recovered now. I'm glad to come back and see this course!!!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Not only Seminole is on my list! 1 Course! and I think Teeth of the Dog (so maybe 2)!!

Be well all!
braden1308

Post by braden1308 »

Duglis wrote: November 21st, 2023, 11:43 pm GLENN, MY HERO! I had given up a year ago ever seeing this course! Thank you so very much to the bottom of my heart. I have not been well this last year with various issues, but am fully recovered now. I'm glad to come back and see this course!!!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Not only Seminole is on my list! 1 Course! and I think Teeth of the Dog (so maybe 2)!!

Be well all!
Glad you're feeling better, I hope you enjoy the course :cheers1:
fiver

Post by fiver »

NGLA now works fine for me.
Thank you, Fiver :cheers1:
braden1308

Post by braden1308 »

Glad to hear, sneaky little problems with the APCD :thumbup:
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Played a first round on it, enjoyed it a lot but yea unfortunately the greatness of the course wont fully translate into pro golf simulation on a computer, there are some holes that play fantastically even in Links, but a lot of them indeed play really easy. I'll still play this course on a regular basis Im sure, and next time I'll try it with windy, firmer and faster greens as well as tougher pins, which will probably help a lot. Like I said, still enjoyed it plenty this time too, and above all very grateful that you gave us the chance to experience this wonderful famous course in Links!
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
braden1308

Post by braden1308 »

Adelade wrote: December 4th, 2023, 7:08 pm Played a first round on it, enjoyed it a lot but yea unfortunately the greatness of the course wont fully translate into pro golf simulation on a computer, there are some holes that play fantastically even in Links, but a lot of them indeed play really easy. I'll still play this course on a regular basis Im sure, and next time I'll try it with windy, firmer and faster greens as well as tougher pins, which will probably help a lot. Like I said, still enjoyed it plenty this time too, and above all very grateful that you gave us the chance to experience this wonderful famous course in Links!
Adelade,

Glad you enjoyed the course, and It is somewhat disappointing when you take a course such as this and it plays so easy. I tried turning up the wind some and thought about maybe playing around with the texture physics. I did not do anything with the physics because there needs to be some research done on my end to see how far you can change them without making them unplayable.

Glenn
GoBucks

Post by GoBucks »

Adelade wrote: November 19th, 2023, 6:16 am I get crashes on 15th too in practice mode, specifically seems to be when on the green and looking towards the right (compared to the direction of the hole), while the water behind the green is still within view. I had crashes in a similar spot 3 times. Then I tried on the beta too, did not have these crashes on that one.

One possible explanation is that the water is not fully flat everywhere. This can be the case even if all water verts are flattened, if some edges on the outer border of the water are not fully sharp (+4 or -1).
Were these actual crashes, or did you just get kicked to the desktop? The reason I ask is because at Harding Park, while playing in pmgolf's event, I got kicked to the desktop twice during the 4 rounds. It acted as though I had hit the ALT/TAB keys. I assure you that I did not. :smile: I was just wondering if we're talking about the same thing, but in different terms.

Thanks
Dave
No matter where you go, there you are.
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

For National Golf Links (the original final, not the current, updated final), I always got actual error messages, then when clicking to close or confirm the error message or whatever the buttons said, the game closed down automatically to desktop. As in, Links crashed, not anything else. When you say kicked to desktop just like an alt-tab, does that mean you can simply tab back into the game and resume? Otherwise Im not sure what your definition between an actual crash and a not-actual-crash is.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
GoBucks

Post by GoBucks »

Adelade wrote: December 5th, 2023, 4:48 pm When you say kicked to desktop just like an alt-tab, does that mean you can simply tab back into the game and resume?
That's exactly what I mean. In one case, it dumped me after I made a putting stroke. When i got back in, the putt dropped. I actually just went to the taskbar icon for Links to get back in.
No matter where you go, there you are.