Cape Kidnappers

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Adelade

Re: Cape Kidnappers

Post by Adelade »

Yea thats the one that shows up within Links.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

Name in the game issue fixed............................. :smile:

Can I get back to work now...??? :rant:

Sage.......
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Sorry Sage, but this course might need to have yet another upload... :tomato:

It seems like a few things you changed/fixed early on didnt make it into the final release for some reason, and one of them is a potential game-breaking issue.

I played a very enjoyable round, liked the layout more than I thought I would too, it is perhaps not particularly challenging without a higher wind setting, but not a pushover either and certainly never dull. However, on 15th, although I managed to stay on the short grass, I checked and noticed there was no OB. I went into practice mode after the round (with normal drop rules enforced) and tested hitting a realistic mishit off the cliff, which ended up in a spot where it was impossible to recover from, and the game neither gave me OB or hazard drop. I remember you said that you fixed this issue, so that fix must have gotten lost somehow.

I also noticed that the wind is still blowing mostly towards the ocean instead of from it, even though I remember you said you changed that too.

No idea if there were any other changes/fixes you did early on that got lost.
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

I have no idea how and why things happen in APCD.
Try this one Adelade.......................
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/rn9rc2eq ... obc2m&dl=0

I may never release another "final".

Sage....... :cheers1:
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

Sage - if you don't want to do another final, just keep me updated with the fixed version. If it's serious enough, I'll see to it that it replaces the old final. Just let Andy know that I'm going to do it. Cape Kidnappers is one of your all-time best, and I'd hate to see it become unplayable due to something that's been fixed.

Pete
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

Hi Pete,
I'll be sure to keep you posted................

Sage..... :cheers1:
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

I didnt test it much, only opened to check that the OB in fact was there and wind seemed to have been changed, which was the case.

When making a new official upload, just make sure everyone has a chance to know there is a new official version uploaded so we dont miss it. Undoubtedly a lot of people are still going to keep older versions of this course without realizing it, because not all people read the forums or catch all releases anyway, and this one certainly had a lot of different "final" versions, but as long as something about the filename distinguishes it from the others in some way, and the one available on Links Corner's course list is the most recent one, problems with online play etc can always be solved with re-downloading.

This is why Im fond of giving my own courses a version number in the filename for all the ones I share with anyone, so that one can determine which one is most recent through that, in case of future hotfix versions or so (e.g. Nine Bridges at Jeju Island v1.00.crz )
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

Thanks Adelade, I try to do that naming thing................... :surrender:

If someone will remind me I will release a last final next week after waiting that time for any new issues with the current version I posted.

Sage.............. :cheers1: