Few questions regarding Season editing and roster...

For all topics about the playing of Links, such as Swing Types etc.
Pe11e

Few questions regarding Season editing and roster...

Post by Pe11e »

Hi!

- I'm a bit confused how difficulty level works, when editing tournaments. Does the slider changes AI strokes number only, and if so, by how much? I guess the difference between center, and one notch to the right is about 4 strokes, if I'm not mistaken. Correct me if I'm wrong.

- Is there any realistic and complete Pro/Semi-Pro rosters to download? Preferably 2022 or 2023 season. I created my own roster, but included only first 30-40 PGA Tour players, it's too much work. Semi-Pro and Amateur rosters are based on some random male names take from the original roster.

- What are realistic number of strokes for Pro vs Semi-Pro? Best players in my Pro roster are set to 68, and 74 for Semi-Pro. When playing Semi-Pro tournaments, and set diff. level to one notch to the right, Semi-Pro AI shot around -4 and up. Not sure is that realistic, if I want to simulate Korn Ferry Tour.

- Anyone playing with additional Firm/Fast course settings that says "difficult" in the name? Not sure how these ended in the game, but I guess I will use them in some prestige Pro tournaments, like Sawgrass, Bay Hill, etc.

Thank you in advance!
Adelade

Re: Few questions regarding Season editing and roster...

Post by Adelade »

The slider adds or reduces the whole AI Roster's scores per round by 2 strokes (on average) when one step away from the middle and 5 strokes on the side positions. The position that says Easiest is easy in terms of that it will be easier for you as the human player to place well. In order words, for harder courses put the slider on easier, for easier courses put it on harder.

For rosters, check out the Forum section Board index > Downloads > Links Career & Career Simulation Downloads , there are some, but I dont know if there are any as recent as 2022-2023.

Semi-Pro question, no idea. But since its annoying to set up an extra roster, why not ignore Semi-Pro and only focus on the Pro level? Thats what I do anyway.

About the firmness/green conditions that say "difficult" - I assume you mean the ones that say "(challenging)" - They were patched into the game long ago with the user-made 1.06 version update of Links (and further tweaked in 1.07). There are many of us who use them, compared to the old non-challenging speeds they simulate green speeds closer to real-life PGA tour speeds, although it depends a lot on exactly which settings. A lot of us are fond of combining non-challenging conditions with challenging conditions too. You can check the image in this post to see how the speeds in Links sort of compare to real-life green speeds viewtopic.php?p=15325#p15325
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
Pe11e

Post by Pe11e »

Thank you for the clarification.

I will use "challenging" firmness for easier courses, and probably for major PGA tournaments.
Pe11e

Post by Pe11e »

I'm into 6th week in my PGA TOUR 2023 season, currently playing at Semi-Pro tournaments. Links 2003 allowed me to play at Pro tournaments, but I want to get there step by step, making my own rule that I must finish in the Semi Pro top 20 to get the PGA TOUR PRO card.
Now, after 5 SemiPro tournaments, the game still won't rank me properly. I'm 23th on Amateur rankings, probably because I played only Q-School.

What I'm missing? When the game will put me in Semi Pro rankings?
Pe11e

Post by Pe11e »

Anyone? Now after 8th week I'm still not ranked in Semi-Pro table. I'm quite confused.
Oortcloud

Post by Oortcloud »

Pe11e wrote: October 25th, 2023, 4:38 pm I'm into 6th week in my PGA TOUR 2023 season, currently playing at Semi-Pro tournaments. Links 2003 allowed me to play at Pro tournaments, but I want to get there step by step, making my own rule that I must finish in the Semi Pro top 20 to get the PGA TOUR PRO card.
Now, after 5 SemiPro tournaments, the game still won't rank me properly. I'm 23th on Amateur rankings, probably because I played only Q-School.

What I'm missing? When the game will put me in Semi Pro rankings?
Hi
I have been poking around at https://www.linkscountryclub.com/
Under the downloads section are one file that might be of interest to you. Look here to be precise https://www.linkscountryclub.com/links-2003-v107
It says
Career Mode Update for v1.07
Download this file into your Links 2003 folder overwriting the old one. This fixes a Career Mode bug introduced in the v1.07 update.

I don't know if you already have it or if it helps you. And I don't know what kind of bug it fixes. But it might be something for you.

I am using it and I am ranked in the professional level after one completed tournament. Currently only played one Q-school to be able to play at higher levels. The game doesn't tell me my Amateur rank (but I won the Q-school) but it gives me at rank at the professional level after one tournament.

//Martin
Pe11e

Post by Pe11e »

Thanks! Will try. Hopefully no need to start new career.