Course Requests

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Duck Hook

Re: Course Requests

Post by Duck Hook »

morvio100 wrote: September 5th, 2023, 7:33 pm ...I better skiddale now ..

And not come back?
morvio100

Post by morvio100 »

Huntingdale...is top tier as is Waterstone....Im a fan of Linkster's more detailed lidar system is all....Pasta tempa.with garlic sauce...as in high detail Linkster Lidar system
(Ausuta 2023_...be amazing
Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

Just for the record, I have it on very good authoriy, that Ian Wells will not be rebuilding Pasatiempo.
I thoroughly enjoyed making the course, even though it was made in the old fashioned way, and I am proud of the finished course. If anyone goes ahead and builds a new Pasatiempo with a download from Linkster, I wish them all the best. It is a beautiful course to build and to play.

Ian
Stephen Sullivan

Post by Stephen Sullivan »

Adelade wrote: September 5th, 2023, 6:31 pm Certainly dont want to discourage anyone from making any course whatsoever outside of North America though... :smile:
Neither do I :thumbup: It would be good to have a better selection to choose from for my DP Tour at LSPN.
Along the lines of some of those listed here :fcrossed: https://www.europeantour.com/dpworld-to ... dule/2024/
Duck Hook

Post by Duck Hook »

Adelade wrote: September 5th, 2023, 6:31 pm Sean Landry has worked more on his Royal Liverpool since the last public version. I believe he still means to finish it.

Certainly dont want to discourage anyone from making any course whatsoever outside of North America though... :smile:
Any Swedish courses on the horizon mate? I'd like to see Vallda in Links and of course Ullna would be awesome.

:cheers1:
T
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

morvio100 wrote: September 5th, 2023, 11:52 pm Huntingdale...is top tier as is Waterstone....Im a fan of Linkster's more detailed lidar system is all....Pasta tempa.with garlic sauce...as in high detail Linkster Lidar system
(Ausuta 2023_...be amazing
I know that, and I agree with you. I use one or both of them every year for a week-long tournament. And you also made some contributions to other courses, too, which I appreciate. I work with the APCD, and I have nothing but admiration for someone who can produce such terrific products with it. Now, is there anyway you can give up on your hipster, stuttering speech and state your words normally? Your audience is composed of a bunch of old men - not hipsters. Thanks!

Pete
Duck Hook

Post by Duck Hook »

pmgolf wrote: September 6th, 2023, 12:47 pm Your audience is composed of a bunch of old men
Well said Pete, but jeez....you're breaking my heart there :laugh: :laugh:

T

PS... You having any luck with those pins?
morvio100

Post by morvio100 »

"Your audience is composed of a bunch of old men - not hipster".....hahahaha...lesson learned...pmgolf probably young at heart...but dont want tp say...hahaha :clapping:
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Duck Hook wrote: September 6th, 2023, 11:27 amAny Swedish courses on the horizon mate? I'd like to see Vallda in Links and of course Ullna would be awesome.

T
Naw no Swedish courses from me at least, Ullna was once on my list of courses to consider making, but at 6135 meters it was a bit too short to be worth it for me. I feel very fortunate that we somehow already have two excellent real courses made for Links from Sweden - with Barsebäck and Bro Hof Slott. I dont know much about Vallda, never bothered to truly check it out until now, I really like the designs from the top-down view on Google Earth. However, with my abysmal APCD pace lately, and my much-too-long list of mostly update/collaboration APCD projects that I want to get to, I doubt I will ever make another real course completely on my own.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
Duck Hook

Post by Duck Hook »

Yeah, no worries mate, I understand completely about glacier style speed with APCD work. Short courses in links tend to get slaughtered, I didn't realize that Ullna was as short as that. Which is a shame, the visuals are stunning. But Vallda is intersting, hopefully a designer may get interested.
Totally agree about Barsebäck, an outstanding course, if anyone hasn't played I would highly recommend it.

T