Playing Along

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Captain Nemo

Playing Along

Post by Captain Nemo »

Big fan of playing along with the PGA Tour tournaments. If there is no design available for a course then I try to choose a course similar in design (if I am aware of it) or otherwise at least a course near that local. This week I am playing Oakland Hills South (it's in a Detroit suburb) in lieu of Detroit G.C. Does anyone else play along? If so do you have another course suggestion?
Thanks Dave :cheers1:
I always wanted to write something intelligent in my signature. Now that I think about it, I guess I just did! :clapping: :smile:
Adelade

Re: Playing Along

Post by Adelade »

This one is pretty darn close to the locale ;)

https://linkscorner.org/courses/course.php?crz=2485
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
JimEvers37

Post by JimEvers37 »

Dave,

Adelaide beat me to it, Sage kindly took my request and made a very good version of the course before the initial Rocket Mortgage Classic, the only thing missing is the tournament objects (scoreboards, etc.)

Thanks again Sage!

Jim
Captain Nemo

Post by Captain Nemo »

Thanks Guy's: My search procedure was somewhat shoddy. Didn't think that if there is a South course there probably is a North Course. After getting 0 results for search on the Detroit South course I searched on line for Best Detroit area courses. 10 best courses showed up and, in checking them in the Links courses list, Oakhills was the first to show up. :wallbash:

:cheers1: Dave
I always wanted to write something intelligent in my signature. Now that I think about it, I guess I just did! :clapping: :smile:
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

HOLD THE PHONE!!! (or mouse)

The Detroit Club is in our library...designed by...well, that would be telling...
GoBucks

Post by GoBucks »

Jimbo wrote: June 30th, 2023, 6:27 am
The Detroit Club is in our library...designed by...well, that would be telling...
Isn't that what the previous three posts said?
No matter where you go, there you are.