Augusta National 2023

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
chad

Re: Augusta National 2023

Post by chad »

Great, I'll take a look and report back with my findings.
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Keep in mind that the number of the pin viewed within Links is different to the number of the same pin viewed within APCD! In Links they are 0-17 and in APCD they are 1-18.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
chad

Post by chad »

Adelade wrote: March 28th, 2023, 4:18 pm Keep in mind that the number of the pin viewed within Links is different to the number of the same pin viewed within APCD! In Links they are 0-17 and in APCD they are 1-18.
Good point, thanks!
linkster

Post by linkster »

I'll have to confess, I didn't realize that The Masters released their pin position sheets. A google search quickly informed me that I was wrong. Below is the pin positions for hole 18 from 2019 to 2022 (could only find round 1 and round 4 for 2020).

AN H18 Pins.png
AN H18 Pins.png (525.27 KiB) Viewed 1392 times

AN H18 Slope.png
AN H18 Slope.png (400.31 KiB) Viewed 1392 times

It is tricky to get the yard grid to align the way they do it for each hole but once I can get these into QGIS, I can get the pin positions into APCD. Looks like I will be doing some research in the week ahead.
ponkey

Post by ponkey »

Hi Linkster

your new Augusta is fantastic. The elevations look sooooo real, and the planting is excellent. All courses should be done this way.
If you had time to put together a fairly detailed tutorial on how it is done, that would help us other designers greatly.
Great work !!
Peter
Stephen27

Post by Stephen27 »

Hi Linkster.
Have enjoyed playing this new version, but, I
believe I've found a slight bug.
All of the water hazards seem to play as if landing in the rough without penalty and needing a drop ball.
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

That can happen when playing it in Practice Mode if you don't have the "Enforce Normal Drop Rules" box checked.
Drop Rules Chkbox.jpg
Drop Rules Chkbox.jpg (57.08 KiB) Viewed 1281 times
Pete
Stephen27

Post by Stephen27 »

pmgolf wrote: March 31st, 2023, 1:02 am That can happen when playing it in Practice Mode if you don't have the "Enforce Normal Drop Rules" box checked.

Drop Rules Chkbox.jpg

Pete
Thanks Pete. Spotted my elementary mistake. Checked this out and you're right.
Played the course as normally intended and problem disappears. Thanks for that and apologies to linkscorner for my faux pas.
TampaEd

Post by TampaEd »

MrT wrote: ↑Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:32 pm
It makes no difference to me as I am not on APCD and I am not going to be, but is locking the course the best option?
******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Normally I am all for unlocked courses and sharing but this one is more sensitive than most. I have thought about this all winter and decided that locking is the right way to go. I am even concerned of just naming this course Augusta National. Versions of Augusta in PGA 2k23 are named something else. I named the course and file name to the same order as previous editions to keep confusion down.

Even if the course was unlocked, there is little that someone could do to the file until the APCD corrupted the 2D objects. Any edits to the course would need my full APCD directory to avoid file corruption.
******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
You are well within your rights to lock your creation. However, as a rule, I NEVER play a locked course.
Kunkleman

Post by Kunkleman »

TampaEd wrote: March 31st, 2023, 6:20 pm MrT wrote: ↑Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:32 pm
It makes no difference to me as I am not on APCD and I am not going to be, but is locking the course the best option?
Normally I am all for unlocked courses and sharing but this one is more sensitive than most. I have thought about this all winter and decided that locking is the right way to go. I am even concerned of just naming this course Augusta National. Versions of Augusta in PGA 2k23 are named something else. I named the course and file name to the same order as previous editions to keep confusion down.

Even if the course was unlocked, there is little that someone could do to the file until the APCD corrupted the 2D objects. Any edits to the course would need my full APCD directory to avoid file corruption.
You are well within your rights to lock your creation. However, as a rule, I NEVER play a locked course.
And you are entitled to your opinion, but you are missing some of the best courses ever created. :dunno: