adding new clubs

Discuss Golfer Animations, Clothing, Clubs, MOP's, Soundscripts, Seasons, Rosters and all Career Mode related plus any External Programs here.
jackdanielz80

adding new clubs

Post by jackdanielz80 »

How do you add new clubs to a players ani? Can someone help me - thanks.
saramago

Re: adding new clubs

Post by saramago »

Hi Jack.
First you must have the 1.07 patch installed. Only this patch allows you to have more than the default clubs.
I released a bunch of clubsets so, download one of them, copy the I3 file and then go to the game's folder location on your computer. Choose links2003 > polyani > clubs and paste the file in the clubs' folder. Open the game and choose options > players > your player > personality and choose the clubs in the bottom right box.
If you want to make your own set with different clubs, then you need to have the Golfer Utility.
Hope it helped.
:cheers1:
Saramago
BGTsoccer1

Post by BGTsoccer1 »

Is there a location for the download of your club sets? Or any central location for all the add ons that have been created for the game? I’m brand new to the game and just trying to find where everything is located.

Thanks!
BGTsoccer1

Post by BGTsoccer1 »

I actually found the add one section. Having trouble with the clubs though. I got the callaway set to work but none of the other packs I have downloaded have the .L3 files in them which seems like is what is needed to get them to show up in the game. I was wanting the Taylormade spider red putter and the Mizuno woods and irons. Am I doing something wrong with the others besides callaway?
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

BGTsoccer1 wrote: April 28th, 2022, 4:41 pm I actually found the add one section. Having trouble with the clubs though. I got the callaway set to work but none of the other packs I have downloaded have the .L3 files in them which seems like is what is needed to get them to show up in the game. I was wanting the Taylormade spider red putter and the Mizuno woods and irons. Am I doing something wrong with the others besides callaway?
Sorry for the delay in replying, hope Im not too late. This can indeed be confusing until understanding how it works. So there are two types of downloads - Club packs and Club sets, they're different. Club sets are the final product (.L3 files) that Links requires, whereas the Club packs contain a bunch of individual club files (.TGA files), so that users can customize them into sets of their own with all possible club combinations if they wish to.

To get what you want, you need to either find a club set download which contains the individual club models you need (which may or may not exist), or else:
1. Find and Download the club pack(s) with the individual club files that you want.
2. Download the Golfer Utility Program (available here: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=63 )
3. Within the Golfer Utility Program, make a set by selecting the Wood, Iron and Putter files. It's been ages since I used it, so I dont remember the exact process but it wasnt difficult to figure out, and it looks like there is a tutorial in that link.
4. Put the resulting .L3 file into the directory Links > PolyAni > Clubs

Welcome to the game/forums
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
Cervantes

Post by Cervantes »

I am looking for a set of old-time clubs for my Old Tom Morris ani. Is there a set available for download?
Thank you.

Cervantes
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Seems to be available on https://www.linksanimasters.com

Click on their Ani Downloads tab > Old Masters
His club file seems included.
The download is a .ZIP file without any .EXE file within it so your computer will likely allow you to download this one. The two .L3 files are inside it so you either have to extract the .ZIP or enter it and copy/move the individual club file.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...