Tee Planting

Share your designing tips with other Designer's. Find answers to your problems using the APCD.
Stephen Sullivan

Tee Planting

Post by Stephen Sullivan »

I know that you can assign tees to another tee if they are on the same box and distance. This just uses one colour however. I'm sure I have seen where the 2 colours show, with one outside the other, but have no idea how this is done.
pmgolf

Re: Tee Planting

Post by pmgolf »

I found this in a tip from Sodbuster. I think its what you're looking for.

"-Plant junior tee temporarily anywhere distinguishable where APCD allows it.
-Plant Ladies tee at 380. It should allow it.
-Select the Junior Tee, press delete.
-Go into Course Properties > Hole Info > Select hole 10 > Press 'Add Rating(s) to Tee'
-Select the one that displays Ladies on the left. Junior should show on the right. Select Junior and press Add.
-You have now made Junior tee for hole 10 play the same as Ladies tee."

Pete
Stephen Sullivan

Cheers Pete. I can do that, but it only seems to show one colour of tee.
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

It should only be possible by making the outer ones as custom 2D objects, 3D objects or 3D from terrain
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
Stephen Sullivan

Adelade wrote: September 5th, 2020, 6:34 pm It should only be possible by making the outer ones as custom 2D objects, 3D objects or 3D from terrain
Hmmm, I hadn't thought about that.
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

Stephen Sullivan wrote: September 5th, 2020, 1:06 pm I know that you can assign tees to another tee if they are on the same box and distance. This just uses one colour however. I'm sure I have seen where the 2 colours show, with one outside the other, but have no idea how this is done.
Not sure I fully understand what you are trying to do Stephen, but if you want to plant 2 tee colors at the exact same distance, you can put one in front of the other rather than side-by-side. They are planted in 1 yard increments, so you can easily squeeze one in front of another within the same 3 foot space so you have 2 different colored tees on the same box and at the exact same yardage.

Here's what I'm referring to. This is hole 2 at Wakonda. Notice the junior and ladies tees are set at the same yardage.

Dan
Attachments
wak2.jpg
wak2.jpg (460.71 KiB) Viewed 3628 times
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
Stephen Sullivan

Will do that Danny :thumbup:
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

Stephen Sullivan wrote: September 6th, 2020, 8:02 am Will do that Danny :thumbup:
:thumbup:
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
braden1308

Post by braden1308 »

when you plant tee's in the apcd over each other for the same yardage they sometimes will show as one tee of two different colors but that only shows up in the apcd. There is a way to make that happening game but I can't remember how to do it, either Paul Seaman or one of the old designers showed me the trick but I just don't remember how to combine them.

Glenn
AJ Allen

Post by AJ Allen »

braden1308 wrote: September 6th, 2020, 4:16 pm when you plant tee's in the apcd over each other for the same yardage they sometimes will show as one tee of two different colors but that only shows up in the apcd. There is a way to make that happening game but I can't remember how to do it, either Paul Seaman or one of the old designers showed me the trick but I just don't remember how to combine them.

Glenn
In the screenshots, I have planted 3 tees on a test hole. The back tee, then the other 2 very close to each other. Then in the APCD window, in the XY axis, drag one of the tees onto the top of the other. You will know you have it positioned correctly when the view changes to what you see in my screenshot. Notice how the triangles change from a solid color to half one, half the other?

Once that's done, both tees will play the same distance, and you will have two different tee marker colors. I didn't have to change anything in Links, the screenshot shows that the blue and white markers are both in the same position.

It pays to zoom in really close so you can make minute adjustments. It's just a matter of doing it slowly and carefully, until both tees are exactly aligned, and that is hard to do unless you zoom in really close.

Cheers, AJ
Attachments
tee2.jpg
tee2.jpg (87.93 KiB) Viewed 3579 times
tee1.jpg
tee1.jpg (69.54 KiB) Viewed 3579 times