Courses I'd like to see in Links 2003 Part 2

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
GoBucks

Re: Courses I'd like to see in Links 2003 Part 2

Post by GoBucks »

Too many courses, too few designers. :smile:
No matter where you go, there you are.
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

pmgolf wrote: September 3rd, 2021, 9:13 pm I've been watching the Korn Ferry Championship on the Golf channel. The course they're playing would be great on Links. Check it out on Google Earth in 3D: Victoria National Golf Club near Evansville, Il.

Pete
I checked out this Victoria National course and highly agree :thumbup: - surely would play really fun in Links. Won't be able to give it a go myself (too many other courses in mind), so I would love if any other designer could prehaps consider it :smile: Great looking layout with seemingly excellent strategic hole designs and what I would call a nice yardage of 7239, no overbunkering so not too many of those to fiddle with, GoogleEarth 3D, located in USA so there might be decent elevation data possibilities, seems to be listed on Strackaline, and flyovers here for example (including simple but nicely helpful greenslope graphics) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAplzlqbX_I Lot of water but considering the landscape Im guessing it all is on the same elevation level so I doubt there would be complications with that.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
milwsteve

Post by milwsteve »

I would love to see someone do the King &Bear Golf Course in Florida that Arnold Palmer and Jack Nicklaus co designed together that looks like a very challenging course at par 72 7,279 yards from the back tees think it would be a good addition to the game.
epsilonindi

Post by epsilonindi »

I came back to this thread several years later, and I just want to give a big round of applause to all the designers still working today. Of all the courses mentioned in this thread, by my count eight (!) have been released since then (TPC San Antonio, Crooked Stick, NGLA, Black Rock, Coeur d'Alene, Pasatiempo, TPC Southwind, and Victoria National), and another four are either betas or works in progress that have been mentioned in the forums and might be coming (Wolf Creek, Muirfield, Arcadia Bluffs, and Seminole). Apologies to anybody if I've left any out.

Keep up the amazing work, guys!... and to all those wonderful, talented designers out there looking for new projects, hey check out Point Hardy at Cabot St. Lucia! :laugh:
5/2024 - Resuming work on Friar's Head, thanks to Linkster's DEM import. Hopefully I can make more progress than the last time.
MrT

Post by MrT »

Not long ago I decided to play only at very hard green settings (equivalent to 13.5 stimp accoding to the most recent table I saw for this purpose). There is one course that, in my opinion is actually really great and unique, but is in need of some "tender and loving care", in particular for the greens, even at lower green speeds) and that is Chapultepec. It could also benefit from a different pano. As I have played many courses, I really think that this course is quite unique and worth to be among the courses.

I also have a particular liking of Cabo del Sol, still a very nice course even today, despite our designers of today have gone beyond that level.

Of course, like I wrote several times in the past, a new Oakmont C.C. realized using LIDAR techniques could be a blast. Those greens are super famous for their features and the game that exists right now (still in beta) dates back to quite a few years ago.
braden1308

Post by braden1308 »

MrT wrote: May 22nd, 2024, 6:37 pm

Of course, like I wrote several times in the past, a new Oakmont C.C. realized using LIDAR techniques could be a blast. Those greens are super famous for their features and the game that exists right now (still in beta) dates back to quite a few years ago.
There may be a new lidar based Oakmont in the works, waiting for the renovation to be completed though so it can be up to date
MrT

Post by MrT »

braden1308 wrote: May 23rd, 2024, 10:51 pm
MrT wrote: May 22nd, 2024, 6:37 pm

There may be a new lidar based Oakmont in the works, waiting for the renovation to be completed though so it can be up to date
:cheers1: :clapping: ... Happy Happy Joy Joy...